So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Two ciders just got made up today, first ever attempt. Pasteurized juice, one gallon got cinnamon/ginger for a mulled kinda thing, other gallon got juniper berries, orange peel and lemon peel for some other kinda winter flavored kinda thing. LOL.

Bells Two Hearted clone, BIAB style. Looking forward to brewing tomorrow as it will be the first day of low humidity here in SoFla.

Because I have zero sense of timing, brewed an Oktoberfest- guess it will be whoever I can imagine up that get married for desembre fest...

Because I have zero sense of timing, brewed an Oktoberfest- guess it will be whoever I can imagine up that get married for desembre fest...

I'm drinkin my O Fest now. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Slid 12 gal of ESB in the chamber a few hours ago.

Crappy brewday since I broke my hydrometer. I think I cried a little on the inside when it smashed on the kitchen floor.

Brewed NB Dead Ringer and Peace Coffee Stout, total 10 gallons in the basement. Long brew day, but so worth it. Only glitch was I forgot the whirlfloc, ugh.

I have a Citra pale ale in the kettle mashing right now. Well, it's just a bunch of wet barley at the moment. But hopefully, soon, it will be a Citra pale ale.

Instead of brewing, like I had planned and prepared for, I'm getting the guilt trip from SWMBO. "What are you going to do with all this beer?" and, since she hasn't driven since her shoulder surgery, "If you start brewing, we're going to be stranded here all day." I didn't brew yesterday, because my boy had a baseball game at 2:30...that got cancelled...so they practiced anyway. Then, older daughter came over and we basically did nothing all day. ***Steam*** Frustrated.

I did manage, while waiting for my orders from SWMBO, to rack my pumpkin ale that seemed to pick up a possible infection when I racked it to tertiary and added a gallon of Culligan bottled water. I don't know if I should bottle it or what?

This is my fourth incarnation of this Yeungling'ish beer. Its a nice common easy to drink brew that I like to keep on tap regularly.

10.00 lb Pilsner (2 Row) Ger
8.00 lb Pale Malt (6 Row) US
3.00 lb Maize, Flaked (Thomas Fawcett)
2.00 lb Caramel Malt - 60L (Briess)
1.00 oz Cascade [8.20 %] (60 min)
1.00 oz Cluster [8.10 %] (15 min)
1.00 tsp Yeast Nutrient (Boil 10.0 min)
3.00 items Whirlfloc Tablet (Boil 15.0 min)
2 Pkgs Safale Yeast-Ale

David

Over the weekend, I was able to do:
A 1gal first attempt hard cider. For the wife.
A 1gal first attempt Oatmeal cookie stout. For the son
And a 5gal batch of my Pumpkin Cream Ale. For me.
I hope to have them ready for Thanksgiving.
:mug:

Well. I did manage to get my porter brewed on Sunday afternoon...and SWMBO got a nice long nap. It's happily chugging away today and I hit the numbers, so I'm hoping it's going to be good. Local brewery CEO expressed an interest in trying it when it's done!

1412640893004.jpg

I plan on doing a SMaSH or DMaSH IPA this coming weekend using Mosaic hops following Zombie Dust hop schedule timing.

I have never brewed with or think I have had a beer with Mosaic yet, curious to see how this will turn out.

Gonna do a Pumpkin ale and a Kolsch this weekend. Gotta hit up the LHBS to get some stuff for the brew.

Have an IPA all grain mashkit so hopefully doing that on Thursday
Moving in with our in-laws to save up for a house but the beautiful part is the fact that they have a full outdoor stainless steel kitchen setup including gas burners. Gonna really improve my brew day:)

Long weekend coming up, already booked off 3 days and my usual commitments aren't going on due to said holiday weekend. I'll be getting at least one batch in. Not too sure what. Need to finish up the last fine tuning of the electric setup and I should be set after a quick autotune. Should. That's always the catch. Should...

I've had the fixings for a pumpkin and a RIS sitting in the garage for 3 weeks.
too busy slapping paint all over the 1st floor ... :mad: ... well, painting is finished
and hopefully i can get a start on at least one of them ...:ban:

Brewing a saison this Sunday. It'll be my first brew since baby #2 was born 4 weeks ago. It's coming not a moment too soon since I'm down to only 1 beer on tap right now. I underestimated how much everyone was going to be drinking when they came to visit the baby

Taking a brief break from remodeling my house on Sunday morning to brew up a Schwarzbier. I'm assuming by middle/late November the weather down here will be at least a bit more appropriate for blasting back some dark beer.

Cheers.

Me! I'm brewing this weekend. Making a regular 'ol brown ale, but going to add some Christmas spices to it. Anybody got advice on how to bling out my beer for the holidays?

Thank the gods this will be my first weekend brewing in the newly finished electric brewery!!!

I've got a 10 gallon batch of Dale's Pale Ale clone planned for Sat, and a Pliny clone for Sunday. If all goes well and I haven't regained my sanity, I may punch out a Red Rye PA on Monday. Why not take advantage of the holiday weekend, right?

I got zippity-doo-dah in the pipeline right now because it's taken a while to convert from propane, so what a difference a weekend will make.

Happy Columbus Day everyone!

Got a Northern Brewer Sweet Stout kit to brew Saturday, first weekend in a while we won't have grandbabies running around the house. They're a lot of fun, but sure make brewing difficult!

Saison sour tonight after work. Probably finish up around midnight. I should be plenty buzzed by the time I get to boiling.

Sent from my magic box, using only my thumbs.

Saison sour tonight after work. Probably finish up around midnight. I should be plenty buzzed by the time I get to boiling.

Is this something you have tried before or is this your first run at it?

Im also brewing tonight after work but making a tripel with homemade candi sugar. :D

Is this something you have tried before or is this your first run at it?

Im also brewing tonight after work but making a tripel with homemade candi sugar. :D

First run. Using YeastBays Farmhouse Sour blend. I've got a basic grain bill and a little bit of spices, some Saaz hops.

American Brown Ale tomorrow AM. Looking forward to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

First run. Using YeastBays Farmhouse Sour blend. I've got a basic grain bill and a little bit of spices, some Saaz hops.

Mrs Baggins started my water before I got home. Timing was perfect. I walked in, put the water in the grains and mash in! Sitting pretty at 156.

Now, a cigar and a cherry brett beer.

My wife wants something that tastes like a gingerbread cookie in stout form. Wish me luck.

Do you have a recipe? This sounds like a great idea. I did some googling and found an old thread. The person who posted the recipe never posted final results, but the ingredients look good and he did post when he racked to secondary and commented that it was delicious at that point:

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f12/gingerbread-stout-3099/

Back