So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Going to try a test batch of Arrogant Bastard (2.5 gallons) as I've seen so many recipes. I have a few mini kegs empty so this will work out fine.
I've not used 04 yeast in a year so I'm hopeful that will be ok for this one.

I am brewing this as I post! Just finished the 122 rest, headed for 153.

BeerSmith 2 Recipe Printout - http://www.beersmith.com
Recipe: Birthday Beer #10
Brewer: Dustin Norlund
Asst Brewer:
Style: Oktoberfest/Marzen
TYPE: All Grain
Taste: (35.0)

Recipe Specifications
--------------------------
Boil Size: 7.50 gal
Post Boil Volume: 6.50 gal
Batch Size (fermenter): 6.00 gal
Bottling Volume: 5.76 gal
Estimated OG: 1.054 SG
Estimated Color: 11.9 SRM
Estimated IBU: 24.7 IBUs
Brewhouse Efficiency: 68.00 %
Est Mash Efficiency: 70.8 %
Boil Time: 60 Minutes

Ingredients:
------------
Amt Name Type # %/IBU
15.00 gal Ontario Gold Spring Water Water 1 -
1.00 tbsp PH 5.2 Stabilizer (Mash 60.0 mins) Water Agent 2 -
0.00 mg Install Boil False Bottom (Mash 0.0 mins Water Agent 3 -
0.00 mg Install Mash False Bottom (Mash 0.0 mins Water Agent 4 -
4 lbs 8.0 oz Pilsner (2 Row) Ger (2.0 SRM) Grain 5 34.5 %
4 lbs 8.0 oz Vienna Malt (3.5 SRM) Grain 6 34.5 %
3 lbs Munich Malt (9.0 SRM) Grain 7 23.0 %
1 lbs Caramunich Malt (56.0 SRM) Grain 8 7.7 %
1.0 oz Chocolate Malt (350.0 SRM) Grain 9 0.5 %
2.00 oz Hallertauer Hersbrucker [3.10 %] - Boil Hop 10 18.7 IBUs
1.00 oz Hallertauer Hersbrucker [3.10 %] - Boil Hop 11 6.0 IBUs
0.26 tsp Irish Moss (Boil 15.0 mins) Fining 12 -
1.20 mg Start Pump For Degerm (Boil 10.0 mins) Other 13 -
1.0 pkg German Bock Lager (White Labs #WLP833) [ Yeast 14 -

Mash Schedule: Temperature Mash, 2 Step, Medium Body Tradewinds
Total Grain Weight: 13 lbs 1.0 oz
----------------------------
Name Description Step Temperat Step Time
Protein Rest Add 6.84 gal of water at 126.3 F 122.0 F 30 min
Saccharification Heat to 153.0 F over 15 min 153.0 F 45 min
Mash Out Heat to 168.0 F over 10 min 168.0 F 10 min

Sparge: Batch sparge with 2 steps (Drain mash tun, , 3.03gal) of 168.0 F water

CBXBob said:
5 gal BrewcraftUSA's kit of Rogue's Brutal IPA, DME + steeping grains + 4 oz. of hops (dry hoping 1 oz. Crystal).

Same here, but only the Rouge Dead Guy Ale

Brewing an American pale ale on Saturday.

Recipe: American Pale Ale
Brewer: Jeff Tarko
Asst Brewer:
Style: American Pale Ale
TYPE: All Grain

Recipe Specifications
--------------------------
Boil Size: 7.93 gal
Post Boil Volume: 5.98 gal
Batch Size (fermenter): 5.50 gal
Bottling Volume: 5.00 gal
Estimated OG: 1.053 SG
Estimated Color: 7.1 SRM
Estimated IBU: 37.4 IBUs
Brewhouse Efficiency: 72.00 %
Est Mash Efficiency: 75.3 %
Boil Time: 90 Minutes

Ingredients:
------------

9 lbs 12.9 oz Malteurop American 2-Row Pale Malt (2.4 SRM)
10.4 oz German Munich Malt (10.5 SRM)
10.4 oz Victory Malt (biscuit) (Briess) (37.0 SRM)
6.9 oz Rahr White Wheat Malt (3.3 SRM)
0.63 oz Horizon [12.00 %] - Boil 60.0 min
0.48 oz Cascade [5.50 %] - Boil 10.0 min
0.48 oz Centennial [10.00 %] - Boil 10.0 min
0.50 oz Cascade [5.50 %] - Boil 0.0 min
0.50 oz Centennial [10.00 %] - Boil 0.0 min
1.0 pkg American Ale (Wyeast Labs #1056)

Mash Schedule: Single Infusion, Light Body, No Mash Out

Total Grain Weight: 11 lbs 8.7 oz

Mash In Add 14.43 qt of water at 168.4 F 152.0 F 75 min

Sparge: Fly sparge with 5.71 gal water at 168.0 F

I'm bottling my 2.5gal batch of blonde ale on Sunday most likely (was really tempted to do it tonight, but decided to give it a few more days). Once that 3 gallon BB gets cleaned up, I'll probably do a small BIAB batch of either a cream ale or a mild English brown Sunday evening. IF my Shining Star kit is done I may get it bottled too, in which case I'll pick an evening next week to brew up the Phat Tyre kit I got from NB last week.

MisterTipsy's Fruits of the Forest Ale gets brewed this weekend.

1-1248161543llOC.jpg

Brewing a pretty big robust porter. Similar to the founders clone, but with a little bit of my own style added in there.

Got the first step up of 3711 on the stir plate right now for a Saison on Sunday, and as soon as the LHBS opens up I'm heading that way to pick up a pack of 1968 for an Ordinary Bitter I'm brewing tomorrow.

Still debating if I want to go with Saaz/EKG or Simcoe/Cascade for the Saison. Or for that matter, if I should go with EKG or Cascade for the Bitter (for anyone that's had Dark Star's HopHead, it's pretty evident how great Cascade can be in a cask Bitter).

I'm going to try and get to a batch of Saison this weekend (to replace the keg of it we just drained at my party last weekend), and possibly a Bavarian Dunkel (if it doesn't get too hot by that time--of course, I could just set the kettle in the sun and probably get a boil, too). :)

Still a go for Saturday's back to back SMaSHes. One with columbus, one with Willamette. Both with Maris Otter.

Mashed in at 7:15 am trying to get done before it gets too hot today. Supposed to hit 100 here today. About to start my sparge on 10 gallons of my Last Chance Light Ale soon. I'm hoping to be done and cleaned up before it gets to 90.

Doing a partial mash, breakfast stout tonight. Probably start around 7 or 8 eastern time. It will be my first partial mash. Before now I've steeped only a pound or so of specialty grains. Gonna do 9 lbs tonight. Pretty excited.

Just mashed in on a pretty big robust porter. 15 lbs grain bill for 5 gallons. I should have started earlier but I couldn't get my lazy ass out of bed before 9 am. Oh well, hit my mash temp and it smells amazing in my garage.

Yankeehillbrewer said:
I plan on brewing an all Columbus IPA on Sunday:mug:

Love Columbus. I've seen that it is either love or hate that one. Not sure what turned me on to it. When I was pro, I would pull a carboy of our regular pale after crash and dry hop it with columbus. Though the dry hop was the only deviation, you couldn't convince others that it wad the same basic ale.

Yankeehillbrewer said:
I plan on brewing an all Columbus IPA on Sunday:mug:

Love Columbus. I've seen that it is either love or hate that one. Not sure what turned me on to it. When I was pro, I would pull a carboy of our regular pale after crash and dry hop it with columbus. Though the dry hop was the only deviation, you couldn't convince others that it wad the same basic ale.

bottling my 5 gallons of pumpkin ale !!! i need to start kegging, so i can force carbonate and enjoy this week a week later instead of 4 weeks later !!

Cooled, pitched yeast, and in the closet. My hydrometer fell off my table and broke so I couldnt get any readings. Cant wait to get this in a keg though, it smelled amazing.

Im brewing 12 gallons of a Bitburger clone. This will be my first Lager/pilsner. I plan on using my new 15.5 gallon fermenter (see build) https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f11/my-sankey-fermenter-build-340162/

I then plan on using this yeast cake for 12 gallons of Oktoberfest in about three weeks. I know its late in the year for an O fest, but is there really a wrong time to drink one... I didn't think so.

A friend of mine and I just started brewing and we have the mr. Beer kit. ( I know it's lame) we plan on making some Mexican cerveza this weekend. Saving up to get a large brew setup.

Good luck, Obeesbrew!! Congratulations on the new start :) There is nothing "lame" about brewing, no matter WHAT method you use!

A fresh new batch of Regiment von Ditfurth Dunkelweizen is mashing right now!! This is my revised recipe while I strive for "perfection."

5# wheat
3# munich
3oz roasted barley
2oz chocolate
13 IBUs Spalt Select
WLP300 pitched straight from the vial....no time for a starter.

Mash temp is 153F

tradewindsbrewing said:
Tell us about that oatmeal stout recipe!

It's a kit extraction :-( from Midwest brewing. Not quite up to all grain yet.... By winter I'll be fully committed.

KingKlong said:
Just finished my breakfast stout. Came in at 1.080 but only a little over 4 gallons. I gotta get a cooler mash in.

I just finished a Breakfast Stout too, my 2nd all-grain (yesterday was my first). Mine was 1.041, was supposed to be 1.033, though.

Back