So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Today I brewed my Two Dudes Pale Ale (think Flying Dog Pale Ale) - named in honor of my two little brew masters - my 4 and 6 yr old boys.

I'm brewing a Scottish Ale tomorrow. I haven't actually brewed since May. I planned on brewing again at the end of the summer and hitting it hard in the fall. But I broke my foot and had surgery in late August / early September and just haven't been able to carry anything. Gonna give it a try tomorrow.:ban:

No brewing, but I did just rack my Pumpkin Ale into secondary this morning

76676_565389228828_53700073_32263917_7080256_n.jpg

Its just an Extract kit from Midwest Supplies but its such a crowd pleaser that if it aint broke, dont fix it!!

Noisufnc, I really wanted to brew that kit this year but I broke my foot and not brewing for me. I've looked the pumpking kit from Midwest and I've heard some people say that they altered it just a little. Did you follow the kit or did you make any modifications?

Is it a strong pumpkin flavor? Is it sweet? Don't mean to hijack the thread.

Noisufnc, I really wanted to brew that kit this year but I broke my foot and not brewing for me. I've looked the pumpking kit from Midwest and I've heard some people say that they altered it just a little. Did you follow the kit or did you make any modifications?

Is it a strong pumpkin flavor? Is it sweet? Don't mean to hijack the thread.

I pretty much follow the kit every year. Instead of using canned pumpkin my wife roasts a fresh pumpkin for me and scoops out the flesh. I throw that in a mesh bag and add it to the boil. It comes out with a very pumpkin pie like flavor, good spices and good pumpkin flavoring. This year might even be more pumpkin flavor since I accidentally added a chunk of pumpkin flesh to the primary :drunk:

Hope that helps. Sorry to hear about your foot.

Just finished cleaning up after 8.5 gallons of chocolate cherry stout. Brewday started and ended with a lot of drama, but everything turned out fine.

I'm onto boiling on my HomeBrewMart Black IPA. I hit my pre-boil gravity, which I was concerned about due to the age of the grain.

Doing a blonde this afternoon from Classic Styles...hopefully SWMBO doesn't leave the tap open again and spill this one on the floor too :(.

Did a Blonde Ale (SMaSH).
Awesome day. I hit my mash temp dead nutz, OG into boiler dead nutz, and SG into fermenter dead nutz.
81% efficiency

But, I did burn the dog snot out of my hand. I grabbed the bottom of the HLT to dump it... after it had been on the burner for 2 hours.

This past Saturday's brew, Cherry's Forever Stout, extract w/ specialty grain kit. Swapped the cherry extract for 100% Black Cherry Juice. The yeast party got started quickly on this one.

Brewing up a Blonde this weekend, and getting another batch of Apfelwein set up, a nice mulled version.

Just put together a starter for an early Saturday morning brew session. Going to bottle my Poughkeepsie Pride first, then move on to my Fuggin' Barleywine Ale.

The Pride will be ready to drink second week in December. My Fuggin's won't be ready until May-ish.

I'm bottling my Winter Warmer and my Stout tomorrow. Brewing an Amber Ale friday, hoping it will be ready for Christmas (I'm not holding my breath on this one though...). After that, I'm done for 2010 and will come back to brewing in January. I thought I would have time to stick a rebrew of Bob's Mild in the schedule but it doesn't appear like it will be feasible after all :(

i intend on bottling and/or kegging some dark german ale either tonight or sometime tomarrow. then sometime tomarrow or sunday, i intend to brew something maybe for the holidays. haven't decided what though. :mug:

Saturday I'm gonna be makin the Heavily Researched Fat Tire clone to give away as gifts for Christmas. Might brew something on Sunday too, just need to decide between a red and an IPA.

I was going to do a Wit, but found that I have already used the yeast (WLP400 - Belgian Wit Ale) that I wanted for this one. So, I may substitute the yeast with WYEAST 3068 Weinhenstephan, or I will do a stout. Or just drink a bunch of beer and re-order the WLP400. And, if my IPA has cleared I will bottle that.

Back