So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Testing my new AG setup this weekend with a pale ale. Will still need to figure out how exactly to lauter. Wish me luck!

finally brewing up the Tallgrass pumpkin buffalo sweat clone sunday :D

unfortunately I was at the LHBS yesterday who told me they had pale ale malt and when I got there and ask he picked up a bag of 6 row and said that was close enough. I now will have to delay the brew day until I can order the right base malt and yeast, which he also said they had but didnt. Not gonna take any short cuts on this clone. I will instead be brewing up Yoopers hoppy amber ale that I have altered a little instead :D

unfortunately I was at the LHBS yesterday who told me they had pale ale malt and when I got there and ask he picked up a bag of 6 row and said that was close enough. I now will have to delay the brew day until I can order the right base malt and yeast, which he also said they had but didnt. Not gonna take any short cuts on this clone. I will instead be brewing up Yoopers hoppy amber ale that I have altered a little instead :D

Good on you for sticking to your guns!

Good on you for sticking to your guns!

haha normally I wouldnt but the pumpkin buffalo sweat was just so incredible that I wont take any chances. PLus ive had Yoopers grist sitting around for almost 2 months so I needa get that made. I may decide to just do a smash IPA or pale ale with the 6 row and pound of simcoe I have

Not brewing this weekend.

I WILL be volunteering for a couple of friends who are starting a microbrewery. Oak Park Brewing in Sacramento.

The building they're leasing needs cleaning, painting, repairs, etc.

I'll gladly work for beer...when it's theirs! :mug:

Cable company is supposed to fix my phone line and install high speed internet (yes i live in the sticks) so i brewed up a partial extract dead ringer ipa.

Drinking a Mad Tom IPA now.

Good luck to everyone else!!

Must be Centennial Day. I just finished a home grown Centennial Smash, and am now starting an ESB...

Cheers!

[edit]

Aaaaaaand I'm done! Two batches safely in the ferm fridge.
Time for a home brew! :D

ab_nov_15_2013_11_sm.jpg

On vacation next week, so I've got a couple of kits coming from NB. Also building a kegerator, cold crashing, kegging, etc... Going to be a fun week I think.

Just checked the Bella Saison and its down to 1.004 so I decided to dry hop today with 1oz Galaxy and .5oz Simcoe. It tasted pretty good slight tartness in the nose. My heating cord only has gotten me to 74. So it was one day at 68, one at 72 and one at 74. Now ill let it sit for 10 days hope this strain well drop clear

Im Brewing In a few hours. One of those NB Chinook IPA extract kits that went on sale a few weeks ago.
Its been a while since I did an extract, so it will be easy and simple hopefully.

I think I might try and add 6oz of an New Zealand oaked sauvignon blanc to my Bella saison for fun! Or maybe a portion

Waiting for swmbo to finish shopping so I can drag her to LHBS for the ingredients I need to brew up a nice Amber for the holidays.

Finished a Marzen at 10, went to the dump, grocery shopping and now procrastinating heading out to the barn to winterize.

Didn't brew it was a bottling day, 40 pint sized friends getting ready to play in a few weeks. I al calling this one Gone A-Rye Stout. Dry stout with rye, you see what I did there, do you.

DSC02781.jpg

Got my starter of West Yorkshire 1469 (or 1496? whatever) going right now. Tomorrow I'll be brewing Biermuncher's Black Pearl Porter for the holidays. Can't wait.

My new batch of Maori IPA was ready for the fridge yesterday,so in it went. My robust porter started finishing up with initial fermentation since this morning. Whiskely stout in bottles 1 week & 4 days so far. Nearly half of the Cougar Country IPA is gone. Def gotta start on the Maori IPA next week. The CCIPA is just too good. Got 7 bottles of both IPA's in seperate fridge shelf for turkey day.

Brewing today, Mini Mash, 5 gal, Erikgant Bastard Ale (Arrogant Bastard clone with a few changes)
And a 1st time using yeast starter for what should be a big beer (looking for 1.070 OG)

Just put my starter onto the stir plate. Tomorrow I'll go to the store and buy the other ingredients for my Citra IPA. 14lbs of 2 row, 1lb of Crystal 20L, 2oz of Magnum for boil, 3oz of Centennial at various stages for flavor, and 2oz of Citra for dry hopping. Yeast is 1056. All this for a 5.5g batch.

I'll brew it up tomorrow, but hold off on adding the yeast until Monday morning to give it some time. The last time I made this brew I did the same thing.

Tomorrow is my first weekend day off from my cycling training for the last 3 months. Beer makes you fat, cycling makes you skinny. In my case the beer is winning.

Got the Ordinary Bitter racked to the secondary and then brewed my Pumpkin Brown Ale. However, I did something today that probably doesn't make a difference, but it seemed to.

I used the same yeast (from a starter) as the Bitter (Wyeast 1318 London Ale Yeast), but for some reason, I wasn't seemingly getting much fermentation early for this brown ale. I noticed the blowoff tube was up against the side of the blowoff jug. When I pulled the tube slightly away the thing "belched" pretty loudly. I then wondered if the pressure from the spring in the tube would let the CO2 cause back pressure into the fermenter. Who knows.

Anyway, I pulled the end of the blowoff hose out of the jug, cut an angle on it, and put it back it. It literally started a regular cadence with the bubbling immediately. As I said, it probably doesn't make a difference, but I found it interesting.

Brewed up a Belgian wit base for a cranberry experiment. Smelled delicious with the EKG FWH addition.

Everything went perfect until my new dip tube clogged. I hate the bazooka tube I had been using but they do work wonders.

image-1233591932.jpg

brewing up 5 gallons of something or another.
5 lbs Franco Belge Pils
5 lbs Rahr red Wheat
1oz Nelson FWH
1oz Nelson @ flame out
big ol' starter of ECY04

I might still make it 5.5 gallons, but probably not.

A 10gal AG batch of an American Red I'm fondly calling "Roll Tide Red". Mash went off without a hitch and I now have 11.25 gal of 1.052 in the pot coming to a boil. I love it when a plan comes together.

Chocolate habanero stout. So far I've broke my hydrometer and burnt up my drill, and I haven't even mashed in yet.

ForumRunner_20131117_133500.jpg

Brewing my "Big Red Ale," which uses Jamil's Evil Twin recipe as a base. She's boiling away right now. The hop bursting additions at the end make this beer both malty and hoppy without excessive bitterness. Love this stuff!

Finally got round to brewing the oak aged old ale I've been meaning to brew for months.

Won't be ready for Christmas now, might crack it some time in February...

Back