So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looking at 5gal of my American Pilsner, mostly to grow up enough Mex Lager yeast to do 10gal in December

I will be brewing for my first time as well. I'm starting AG and cloning a local favorite (Fireman#4) to have something to compare it to.

I ran tests on my mash tun yesterday, and I'm happy with its performance. I'm taking notes throughout and may post updates.

Bottled my Whiskely stout Wednesday,Wanna brew my robust vanilla porter tomorrow,pb/pm biab. wanna bottled this one for Christmas along with the Whiskely.

Bottling up my black IPA tomorrow. TONS of citra and galaxy hops with some chinook during whirlpool and dry hop. I think I lost a gallon or something to the dry hops... Those thirsty ********.

Brewing right now actually. Sitting and watching my smashing pumpkin ale finish its 60 min boil. Added baked/smashed pumpkin to my extract mash. Can't wait.

Brewing Yooper's Hoppy American Amber again. This one'll be ready right about the time relatives start showing up for Christmas.

This weekend I will be brewing a Midwest extract flat tire. And a wild river jack savage pine ipa. Since I am relatively new to home brewing I am still on extract kits but looking to move to biab soon. Happy brewing.

Brewed an Oktoberfest last night into the wee hours of the morning...got to take advantage of the time we have...lol

Methinks I have the ingredients to make up a batch of a cream ale. Or should I just go to the lhbs, pick up some lager yeast and make an actual lager?

Gunna go over to White House Artisian Springs in a bit to get my water to brew tomorrow. A robust porter with vanilla. Also need light & bulbs for the car,& a fuel line clamp for the new auto siphon hose.

I think I'll probably brew my first barleywine tomorrow to pitch on the yeast cake from a porter. It'll require 2 mash tuns and kettles to get 10 gallons 12% ABV into the fermenter. Anybody got any hop recommendations for a traditional English barleywine?

Brewing a slight variation of the Holly Ale found here. Using different good, yeast, adding a couple things ... Should be good.

Brewed 10 gal of Pliny clone yesterday, 5 gal of my American stout today, and yeast is on the stirplate for doppelbock brewday tomorrow! Perfect weather here in northern Illinois for brewing, love this time of year!

Had a beautiful brewday this morning. Hit all the numbers, finished on schedule, and no glitches (at least no glitches that didn't have an easy solution) - beautiful fall weather, and the Saturday morning host on the college radio station was playing really, really good music. I love days like this.

Brewing a Wee Heavy (120/-) tomorrow. Trying a few spices, cinnamon, cloves and orange peel. A. Christmas brew....

This was by far my most efficient and fun brew day. They've all been fun but there was something about this one. Target OG was 1.073 and I hit 1.074. Makes me happy as a lark!

Woof! I'm beat, but hit all the right numbers, no big spills, no sanitation issues, didn't forget any ingredients, starters pitched - frankly, no drama at all - and a wit and a big @ss stout are safely in the ferm fridge with blowoffs ready to do their thing.

The stout is going to want to explode with an OG of 1.098, but I'll keep it at 65°F for a few days until it settles down. The wheatie will just go along for the ride.

Finally kicked back with the first pour from a kegged all-home-grown-hopped IPA. Even with a bit of extra yeast it's really tasty - loaded with Cascade, Centennial and Chinook. My boys are gonna love this one! :ban:

Cheers!

ab_nov_09_2013_13_sm.jpg

I'll be brewing a Green Flash West Coast IPA clone tomorrow. Raked up 14 yard size bags of leaves today. Brewing will seem like a vacation by comparison!

Finished brewing at about 1AM last night. Everything went well, I think I may enjoy brewing later in the day.

However, got home from dinner with the fiance and her mother and found that the airlock and shot off of the carboy. Had a nice big mess on my hands, but got it cleaned up pretty quickly.

Gotta get things out of the freezer & fridge to brew my porter today. Gotta find time to replace a headlight & turn signal bulbs as well.

I started a fruity wheat last weekend and added the fruit to my secondary yesterday. This is a first for me I'm two ways. I've never done a secondary before and this is my first fruit beer (Cherry/Apple). Any one know how long I should keep it in the secondary? And how do I separate the fruit out for bottling?

Back