Snow!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
25 degrees tonite.Wtf ! Gonna have to turn off the outside hose and drain it and plug in the chickens electric water bowl.Dammit.

My yard is full of a thousand flowers in bloom. Blue ones, purple ones, white ones, and even yellow ones.

The wind storm that lasted for 27 hours was blowing a sustained 17 meters per second with gusts up to 40 m/s. If that doesn't mean anything to you, then I will tell you that it was strong enough to make empty flagpoles lean 15 degrees to the east. Live branches about 3 meters long left from my pine trees.

That's the storm that finally blew the cold weather out. Spring is officially here now!

My yard is full of a thousand flowers in bloom. Blue ones, purple ones, white ones, and even yellow ones.

The wind storm that lasted for 27 hours was blowing a sustained 17 meters per second with gusts up to 40 m/s. If that doesn't mean anything to you, then I will tell you that it was strong enough to make empty flagpoles lean 15 degrees to the east. Live branches about 3 meters long left from my pine trees.

That's the storm that finally blew the cold weather out. Spring is officially here now!

Used the conversion calculator to translate to farm boy language. That is strong wind to sustain for that long. Hope you had no major damage.

Used the conversion calculator to translate to farm boy language. That is strong wind to sustain for that long. Hope you had no major damage.

We live pretty near to the airport, so I always see the planes coming in pretty slowly. During the storm, though, they were coming in fast for the landing and then slamming the brakes on when they hit the runway. They use this same technique pretty regularly in Athens, Greece due to strong winds that almost never stop there.

Yep, this storm was between 8 and 9 on the Beaufort scale. And the sun was shining the whole time. Awesomely violent nature!

Yeah, my brother-in-law said it was bad.

We had no storm, but every type of precipitation possible within a day.

The weather report is insane, predictions range from -4 to +17 celcius next week.

Woo flipping Hoo it snowed here this morning. We did not get much however it makes my eye tick a little.

I was outside off and on yesterday with a t-shirt. Then about 2 in the afternoon, we had a brief bout of hail. WTF? I got my sausage delivery at 6 and started grilling, then the wind started blowing again like a bastard for an hour. The grill was struggling the entire time. Soon as I finished grilling, the wind died for the rest of the evening.

Woo flipping Hoo it snowed here this morning. We did not get much however it makes my eye tick a little.

I had 11 above 0 this morning, but it was warmer after a few hours. We had no snow, though! That is the first sign that spring might come.

There are no buds or flowers or anything like that, but of course it's way too early anyway. I'm just so eager for spring to come.

I had 11 above 0 this morning, but it was warmer after a few hours. We had no snow, though! That is the first sign that spring might come.

There are no buds or flowers or anything like that, but of course it's way too early anyway. I'm just so eager for spring to come.

Not to rub salt in the wound.....but it has been gorgeous here.

20150422_173538.jpg

So surely this thread can die now unless you live above the Arctic circle or above 14,000 feet.RIP snow! Yes? :confused:

I like winter. I hate sweat. I like getting to my fishing spot on an ATV. I like to cook hearty meals. I like to brew beer.

I love winter, i like summer too, but i hate the cold and wet period inbetween....

Exactly.

When the days get long, I start to wake up way too early. Like now. It has been light already for an hour and a half.

BTW, our snowman is not smiling when he needs to work this late in the year. It is still snowing in some parts of the country.

10955147_764563963661928_3541418998312685556_o.jpg

Mowed once, probably should be 3 times by now. Already starting to get some semblance of a tan and am looking less like the ginger that I am. Stupid cherry blossoms and other trees are coating everything in yellow. Damn trees spraying their DNA everywhere. Just enjoying the couple weeks of this spring before it resorts to being 90+ and 90% humidity until late September.

Mowed once, probably should be 3 times by now. Already starting to get some semblance of a tan and am looking less like the ginger that I am. Stupid cherry blossoms and other trees are coating everything in yellow. Damn trees spraying their DNA everywhere. Just enjoying the couple weeks of this spring before it resorts to being 90+ and 90% humidity until late September.

SWMBO and our three teen girls did a huge spring cleaning of the yard day before yesterday. I dubbed SWMBO as the leader of the workforce with the requirement that the yard be free from sticks and rocks and at the end of the day, after I finished working on organising the garage, I carried 8 huge, heavy duty plastic bags to our "to be hauled off or burned" spot.

Next weekend, I've got a big mowing ahead of me, or maybe the girls have a big mowing ahead of them should I decide to become a mason and build a grill. Our yard is just on the border of being large enough to require a riding lawn mower, but we don't have one.

This weekend will be same for me.

Our yard is big enough, but due to the base rock formation, we have 3 different "terraces" instead of one level yard.

Back