Snow!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
85 today.85 Thurs., Fri., sat., Sun. and Mon. With high humidity. It's too damn hot. Man I wish it would snow.NOT!:p

Admittedly it is a humbling profession. Just when you think you have her figured out, Mother Nature throws you a curve ball.(like snow at 40 degrees see my post above) As for the criticism, it comes with the territory. I tell all of our interns and Journeyman Forecasters, if you take it personally, you are going to have a miserable career.

20992_10153464439338888_3820474377426861480_n.jpg

Supposed to be 50 today. Wife was sad, but I am happy. I find it to be a nice temp for getting things done.

Tonight I finish the drain in the both bathroom sinks at my mom's house, replace the safety cable on the push mower, screw in a light switch box and start mudding the empty space.

With that gone, maybe I can get home in time to get back to work on my brew stand. I should be getting progress pics.

I built a retaining wall on Sunday, for an older guy from work that couldn't have done it himself. It was mid 80's and just wall to wall sun. I'm paying for it now, sitting in my office feeling like someone rubbed my neck with sandpaper. After an overly long winter, the first sun destroys my vampire-like complexion. Hopefully he waits for a little cooler day for me to come build the stairs.

2luf11e.jpg

In case anyone cares to see it... it was previously a 32' stretch of ugly, thirty year old 4x4 timbers stacked up to make stairs, bolted and staked in with rebar.

I built a retaining wall on Sunday, for an older guy from work that couldn't have done it himself. It was mid 80's and just wall to wall sun. I'm paying for it now, sitting in my office feeling like someone rubbed my neck with sandpaper. After an overly long winter, the first sun destroys my vampire-like complexion. Hopefully he waits for a little cooler day for me to come build the stairs.

It's a little chilly here today, after 80 something weekend. Here's one my buddy's Italian step mother showed me while driving a big Massy-Ferguson in the sun all day; Tie a bandana around your neck, using the triangular part to cover the back of your neck. Stops that darn sunburned redneck thing.

It's a country thing out in the farmlands around here. When I was a teen, it was a Springsteen or cheech-n-chong thing around here in the city.

Back