• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

North Dakota Small batch 120V dual PID system controller.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stainlessbrewer

Reaction score
I made this to controller two 120V elements in my small batch system. The main PID controls up to a 2000W 120V element and has manual power control for boil level control. The second, smaller PID was used to control a 1500W element in my hot liquor tank. Includes one ½” NPT 1.5” long RTD probe which can be mounted in a tee off the kettle drain valve in a recirculating system. Other RTD temp probes are available from Auber in many configurations.

Each element output has it’s own separate power input. There is also a switched pump outlet on the 20A input circuit.

Other than the power cords, switches and SSR, everything came from Auber Instruments. Prices for individual components below.

SYL-1512 Universal 1/32 DIN PID Temperature Controller $35
SYL-2362 Universal 1/16 DIN PID Temperature Controller $41
½” NPT RTD Temp probe 1.5” long $35
Enclosure $53
Crydom 25A Dual SSR $45
Outlets $10
Power cords $30
Switches $6

Total $255 in parts.

This would be great for someone with a small batch system or if you need parts for an electric build.

I will include printed copies of the PID manuals.

Used only for testing and then I purchased a PicoBrew Zymatic for space saving and convenience.

$200 shipped by least expensive method to lower 48. If the difference between Standard Post and Priority is only a few bucks I will ship by Priority Mail. PayPal Friends and Family preferred to avoid fees.

Sorry about picture orientation...sometimes it does that for whatever reason.

IMG_5650.JPG

IMG_5645.JPG

IMG_5646.JPG

IMG_5651.JPG

Back