Single Hop Experiment kits - $14-18 at Amazon

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wasn't quick enough, $44 now.
But I'm drinking the Falconer's Flight and it's good.
Jarrylo milled grain is $14.57 right now, only one left.

I had that one before its really good and they only sell 1 at that price than jack it up right away I got the Chocolate Hazelnut for $16 3 weeks ago I went to get a second and they wanted almost $60

However I just got an email from Amazon on one of these I ordered the Amber Ale they wont be able to fulfill my order until October they are offering me to cancel the order or wait it out I just wanted the ingredients so I am not sure what I will do yet

I check these every so often and recently got a Barley Wine kit for $20, a Citra Single Hop kit for $19, and a Columbus IPA kit for $16. Haven't had any issues with any of them that I've gotten so far. As soon as they get delivered I've opened the specialty/hop ingredients bag, bag up the hops and put them in the freezer.

I have gotten 8 kits (4 pre-milled grain and 4 extract) and have brewed ingredients from 5 thus far without an issue. Three have been extract and all have finished at 1.019, but this may be normal for all extract. I don't normally brew all extract, I'll be using remaining LME for partial mashes going forward. The American Red Ale kit I did brew per recipe and it was quite good. The extract kits are particularly good value, the 7# LME alone lone runs $23 on MoreBeer.

I picked up The German Huell Melon Single Hop Experiment - Milled for $15.34 (it's $42.38 now). Brewed it this past weekend with Voss Kveik yeast. If it tastes anything like it smells it's going to be amazing! I really can't wait to get this one in the keg. I check Amazon every couple of days for these deals and will definitely pick up another one, or two, ...

Click on the link in the first post and browse for the cheap ones. You can modify your search in Amazon too. Try "beer kit all grain un-crushed" or "beer kit all grain crushed" or "beer kit extract" - I've found several by just playing around with the search function.

Okay, I have to ask, how do you find these on amazon?

Well i guess this will put me on the S list, but the secret is... search for "Homebrewers Outpost". That is the name MoreBeer (moeebeer.com) uses for their products on Amazon. These are all kits you can find on MoreBeer.com. they also post the compmete ingredient list (unless it is a brewery label- i.e. Pliny) so you can make it yourself. Very handy to have as a reference. These kits come Extract, partial mash, all grain pre-milled, and all grain unmilled (base malts only- speciality malts always come milled from them).
So keep an eye out for type of kit.
I have purchased kits from them just for the base malt and hops- oxcasionally cheaper than buying the raw product!
Note- the kits are kept on a shelf in a warehouse, so hops do degrade.

I search for these a number of different ways:

"single hop experiment kit" and then sort low to high- these are the 10# Briess 2 row grains (milled or unmilled), 12oz Great Western Caramel 15, and 6 oz of hops kits. There seem to always be some decent deals (<$18) available. Most kits I've gotten were $14.xx. A good way to experiment with lesser known hops.

"unmilled kit grain" or "milled kit grain"- this adds in some of the other named MoreBeer kits with different recipes. For some reason, at least on my computer, the way the words are entered, you get an easier to scan 3 across listing instead of a single column. And when you sort low to high, it doesn't necessarily do that, so you have to scroll through the entire listing. Amazon does not make it easy to do these searches and I also find that you can find some different kits when searching one way and not another, despite the keywords being in the title, so poking around, you can sometimes discover a kit that did not show up previously.

"extract kit outpost"- These come with 7# of ultralight extract. Search "featured" to avoid getting a ton of different extract only listings. These aren't as commonly discounted as the grain kits, but are a better deal, as the 7# LME alone goes for $23 normal price.

If there is a particular deal you might want more of, let's say it is a super deal like a barleywine for $15, you need to order a quantity greater than 1 right off the bat, because once you order 1, the price jumps up to the regular price.

I've heard that if you have any issue at all with their products, they just give it to you free. And most seem to be FREE RETURNS anyway. Not had any problems at all so far. The MoreBeer milled grain is a bit coarse so I have mashed these for two hours to get 72% efficiency.

Both "homebrewers outlet" and "brewmaster" are MoreBeer stores and there are some well priced items there. I got a D-180 for $8 shipped and I have also gotten some Fawcett malts with essentially free shipping, saves a trip to the store or gets me an item without having to buy enough to qualify for free shipping.

Enjoy the hunt!

Well i guess this will put me on the S list, but the secret is... search for "Homebrewers Outpost". That is the name MoreBeer (moeebeer.com) uses for their products on Amazon. These are all kits you can find on MoreBeer.com. they also post the compmete ingredient list (unless it is a brewery label- i.e. Pliny) so you can make it yourself. Very handy to have as a reference. These kits come Extract, partial mash, all grain pre-milled, and all grain unmilled (base malts only- speciality malts always come milled from them).
So keep an eye out for type of kit.
I have purchased kits from them just for the base malt and hops- oxcasionally cheaper than buying the raw product!
Note- the kits are kept on a shelf in a warehouse, so hops do degrade.
Thanks Nate :mug:

Morebeer kits are just grains and hops.
No yeast, grain sacks, etc.
So if you visit their website you can download the recipie for free.

If you have access to bulk grain/hops (either your own or a lhbs) there is a really good chance you can make this kit yourself for less than $19.

6 ounces vangaurd hops... that may hurt tho.
I posted the recipie below... as these are already available for free on their website i think it's ok.

Attachments

• KIT999 - The Single Hop Experiment.pdf
    173.4 KB · Views: 13
They're listed for sale on Amazon under "Homebrewers Outpost." Is that an outfit that buys the old Morebeer stock and then tries to liquidate it? I'd be curious to see how old the milled grains are. Obviously it's not as important or relevant if you're buying unmilled...but still.

They're listed for sale on Amazon under "Homebrewers Outpost." Is that an outfit that buys the old Morebeer stock and then tries to liquidate it? I'd be curious to see how old the milled grains are. Obviously it's not as important or relevant if you're buying unmilled...but still.

My understanding is that Homebrewer's Outpost is MoreBeer's Amazon storefront. The kits that I've bought through Amazon have MoreBeer on the shipping label from when it was delivered to the Amazon warehouse.

My understanding is that Homebrewer's Outpost is MoreBeer's Amazon storefront. The kits that I've bought through Amazon have MoreBeer on the shipping label from when it was delivered to the Amazon warehouse.
That. Pretty sure another user confirmed this as well.

Agreed. It seemed more speculation than fact...just wanted clarification before I pulled the trigger on a potentially out of date milled 'kit.' Thanks all!

The kits I got last year had batch #s in the 49000 range and were probably 2 years or less. Did not have issues with any of them. I have also picked up cheap grain, currently fermenting a batch with Halcyon MB told me was from 2016. They recommended not to use it (yet, they sold it). So I did. Got 30# for $22, couldn't pass.

Related: bought the Homebrewers Outpost Cloudburst IPA all grain kit for a heavily discounted price on Amazon. The hops were trash. Package was still sealed but they had completely dried out. I’m certain these sat in a warm warehouse for months. Not worth it in my opinion.

Related: bought the Homebrewers Outpost Cloudburst IPA all grain kit for a heavily discounted price on Amazon. The hops were trash. Package was still sealed but they had completely dried out. I’m certain these sat in a warm warehouse for months. Not worth it in my opinion.
Anything from Amazon has been sitting in a warehouse, right?
I will say at the Morebeer Concord showroom their kits also sit on a shelf. Speciality grains and hops. On a shelf in their showroom. So i can only imagine their shipping warehouse kits also stay at room temp.

That number should be on all the ingredients that came with the kit. I'm guessing that kit is less than a year old, should not have had an issue. Tell them about it and they will make good, morebeer has stellar customer service.

I ordered two Brown Ale kits for $16 and change. They arrived yesterday, and one of them had the tracking number from when Morebeer sent it to Amazon. It was delivered 9/21/19, so just about a year ago. The base grains are unmilled so they should be fine, but I'm sure the hops have been sitting at room temperature for over a year. I'll likely brew it tomorrow so hopefully it goes well!

I ordered, last fall, an 80-shilling and shwartzbier kits through Amazon. I don't remember offhand the supplier, but they came in reasonably fresh and the beers were very tasty.

Back