Simple Spunding Solution

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gnomebrewer

Reaction score
It just occurred to me that I need to buy a boat. If I buy a boat I can take my kegs of ale out to sea with a blow off tube hanging 20m deep in the water. The pressure at that depth will give the right carbonation for an ale = really simple spunding!!! Why bother with spunding valves!!! Do you have any really (not) simple and elegant solutions to use in brewing?

It just occurred to me that I need to buy a boat. If I buy a boat I can take my kegs of ale out to sea with a blow off tube hanging 20m deep in the water. The pressure at that depth will give the right carbonation for an ale = really simple spunding!!! Why bother with spunding valves!!! Do you have any really (not) simple and elegant solutions to use in brewing?
You can do better. Brew your beer on the space station. Then you can "purge" your keg by just sticking it out the airlock. Seal it, bring it back inside, hook up to the spigot on your fermentor, and let the vacuum draw the beer into the keg. Time this for just before undocking and reentry. On splashdown, when the recovery ship picks you up, drop that 20m tube over the side. By the time you reach port in a few days, your beer should be carbed up and ready for your welcome home party. No, sorry, I can't hook you up right now, don't have Elon's phone number on me here in quarantine.

Back