Simple solution for my conversation problems

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PKnotlost

Reaction score
So I was having trouble with my grains converting. It was taking several hours still struggling to get a good conversion trying to figure out what was causing it.

I checking the grind and grain quality, come to find out it was my dumb for thermometer, It was off by 30° (to low) it was an easy fix.

I should have check that first. It’s high-quality equipment from spike brewing, and relatively new, so I never thought to check it.

I use multiple thermometers in my process. It helps me have confidence in my temperatures.

I use one forthe strike water (and sparge water). I have two others in the mash tun, so if I need to make a correction, I know straight away and have confirmation of the temp.

I would really hate to brew a beer and find I have a problem with FG due to mash temps.

Check those thermometers. I somehow managed to knock mine off about 4 degrees. Brewed 2 batches before I figured out what was going on. Now I always use two to double check. But 30 degrees, wow.

Back