Silly Keg question.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JFK

Reaction score
So I have noticed over the last 2 years of kegging I always have to fight with the "poppit" I think is what it is called. The purge pull tab whenever I keg I have to wiggle them and fight with them constantly to get them to stop leaking. I have replaced them several times and still seem to have the same problem. Is there some easy stupid trick I am missing to make this not an issue? I was to proud to ask but I am getting sick of it. I wonder if there is a way I should be putting keg lube in the underside to help it seal or something like inside the lid pull up the tab and put a drop in there with a cue tip or something. Any advice is welcome as I am so over this issue.

You mean the pressure relief valve (PRV). The "poppets" are the springy "plugs" in the middle of the gas in/liquid out posts that prevent liquid from gushing out when a quick disconnect isn't connected.

I've never had any issue with my PRVs (knock on wood), but no, I don't lube them or do anything special with them. I would just suggest making sure they're screwed in nice and tight, and if you're having an issue with one, I think replacing it is your only real option.

ya if you are having an issue with the release valve then replacing it it probably the best bet. some of mine are a bit tricky. if your having an issue with the poppet in the post then you might have to replace the post.

Back