Show us your sculpture or brew rig

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I finally built a basic little stand for my eBIAB Keg.

8q4oIsM.jpg

24" tall built in a couple hours from the remains of my neighbor's stained pine bookshelves. I added some supports to mount my pump (which shortened my tubing runs considerably) and some hooks to hang my little PID controller box.

I think I used 2x 8' 1x4 and 4' of 1x9, then a big fistfull of screws and some caster wheels I had laying around from a previous project.

I'm looking forward to taking it for a test drive to see if it helps keep things tidier. The test run will also help me decide if I want to add a support arm for the BIAB hoist to the cart, or just keep it in the garage rafters. Thanks for the inspiration HBT folks.

Additional Images:

http://imgur.com/70DzzT2
http://imgur.com/R9D65aK
http://imgur.com/1diJ0w7

Here's a pic of mine. Built it about a year ago. Makes 20 gal batches.

Very nice, practical, and impressive setup. Do you have any more pictures showing the gas setup (plumbing for gas run, burner mounts, etc.)? Again, very nice looking rig - great job.

How's that vent system working for ya? Simple... nice!

Only used it for the first time last weekend so not sure how the beer tastes but had 1.6gph boil off rate with it and 0 steam in the garage so i'm going to call it an amazing success for $50 total in parts. @Yuri_Rage uses a similar setup and I took the idea from him, so much cheaper and simpler than a vent hood.

Here is my work in progress, I went from a gravity system with one burner to building a signal tier after I fell off the ladder lifting the HLT to the top tier, I was over that real quick. So its taking some time, but I have most of the big stiff for now, waiting on the second pump and a few more plumbing parts and I should be in business. I have been thinking of cutting that top ring around the two burners and putting the support around the bottom of the shelf of the burners, let me know what you think. I have not made a batch on it yet, just testing the burners and pump flow.

20160108_165536.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Here is my work in progress, I went from a gravity system with one burner to building a signal tier after I fell off the ladder lifting the HLT to the top tier, I was over that real quick. So its taking some time, but I have most of the big stiff for now, waiting on the second pump and a few more plumbing parts and I should be in business. I have been thinking of cutting that top ring around the two burners and putting the support around the bottom of the shelf of the burners, let me know what you think. I have not made a batch on it yet, just testing the burners and pump flow.

20160108_165536.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I like it! Looked fairly easy to make as well. Let me know how it handles! Are you going to treat the wood to seal it against water?

Actually the one to the upper left is a lauter grant the lower right is a hop rocket.. but its too small so im either adding a second or going with a stout tanks hop back that is larger..

Got to love recycled materiel, bed frames and some odds and ends, still not finished though needs some high heat paint.:rockin:

12654127_936633376418791_953867584710076653_n.jpg

12661749_936631109752351_1806323601751706476_n.jpg

Is there such a thing as high heat clear coat? Cuz that is what they call "patina" it looks awesome as is. Like a Rat Rod brew stand! Oooo some pin striping would be cool!

Got to love recycled materiel, bed frames and some odds and ends, still not finished though needs some high heat paint.:rockin:

Not sure if there is but I already bought the paint, jet black it's non rusting, which I need cause this heavy behemoth is going to stay outside.I use propane so I keep my brewing activities outside .

Back