Show us your Mead in a photo!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would love to see a photo of all the different meads out there.

Show the photo and a quick description of what it is.

Cant wait to see all the photos!!!!!!!!!
Honey, green tea and lemon mjod
15300594718508505994169912533641.jpg

How is yours? Mine looks beautiful but has a bit of a burn on the back from the high alcohol.

I was able to really control the fermentation temps for the first three weeks of fermentation and I think that really helped out on keeping the alcohol burn minimal.

I wish I would have taken the time to fine it with SuperKleer though before bottling it. It's got a lot of haze once it's chilled which I think fining would have eliminated. It's really good though too at room temp so it's not that big of a deal.

I was able to really control the fermentation temps for the first three weeks of fermentation and I think that really helped out on keeping the alcohol burn minimal.

I wish I would have taken the time to fine it with SuperKleer though before bottling it. It's got a lot of haze once it's chilled which I think fining would have eliminated. It's really good though too at room temp so it's not that big of a deal.
I think I fermented mine alright, I just think I probably pushed the % alcohol too high and it is taking forever to mellow out.

I spoke too soon. I just opened a bottle I had chilling in the fridge and it’s crystal clear. Not sure what was going on with the one that was cloudy, could have been one that picked up some sediment during bottling, but I’m happy!

Just trying to put up a photo or 2, this is my meadarium, not sure about more than one photot though, I aint used to this forum stuff yet
upload_2018-6-30_13-36-48.png

E808C752-8B1A-4981-A9AF-64E5399E4874.jpeg

Not sure if it counts since I don’t have any in a glass to show yet, but these are hiding in my cabinet. Jaom and a small strawberry/rhubarb experiment sitting on oak and vanilla

Resurrecting the thread. Groennfel meadery recipe variant. (Used Omega hothead yeast and Fermaid-O instead of D47 and wine nutrirents) Its a 7.8% hydromel mixed berry melomel that was kegged 3 months ago. Forgot it in the growler for a month. Kept the carbonation well and still tastes just like the glass prior from the keg!!!
20191123_152123.jpeg

Bottling my latest batch of cranberry/orange mead today. The fermentation actually stalled on me, but happily, it stalled at a point where we actually liked it! So I just stabilized and bottled. (The fermenter is full of starsan and all my bottling stuff, to soak overnight.)
20191128_142413.jpg

upload_2019-12-7_17-21-46.jpeg

I’v been waiting a year to post in this thread! At 11 months old, this cyser, made with unfiltered pressed apple juice and raisins in primary, and sliced apples, and a cinnamon stick in secondary, is looking and tasting good! Can’t wait to see how it is in a few more months.

Just started the first of a plethora of new projects since buying the house! Very simple traditional sack mead. 3# wildflower honey, spring water and montrachet yeast.
FB_IMG_1575904276555.jpg

Picture is three days ago.

Apricot melomel. Little early in the process yet. Be careful degassing, it can get intense. Used a can of apricot puree, 4 pounds of honey, Lalvin 71B-1122.

Put this together last Saturday, five days ago, and it seems to be done fermenting. Surprised but, I'd been told regular degassing can help speed things along. I degassed this three times a day. First one got kind of scary. Seems to really help.

All the Best,
D. White

20191208_200933.jpg

6 gallons Cyser into secondary/clearing today. Sitting at 0.996 for almost 2 weeks now just over abv limit. Gonna let it settle out without sparkolloid this time around. Want to see how much longer it will take to clear. Never have any issues drinking it cloudy, just want to see if it can clear before its gone or holidays roll back around and it goes to family dinners.

Attachments

• 20200308_132556.jpg
    20200308_132556.jpg
    627.8 KB · Views: 21
Just bottled the first gallon of the blueberry cyser. Have the other 4 gallons in separate gallon jugs aging until I’m ready to drink it.

Bottled my traditional that started back in February. No fining agents used, just ferment dry and rack off Lee's. Start to bottle took about 10 weeks, backsweeten most of it after bottling some completely dry. One of my quickest clearing meads ever.

Attachments

• 20200418_184451.jpg
    20200418_184451.jpg
    962.6 KB · Views: 19
Back