Shipping liquid yeast to CMR questions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

universalfrost

Keep your stick on the ice.
Reaction score
So I'm headed to Europe this late fall or early winter.

It's down to germany or Italy depending on which command gets me orders first. I've been overseas several times in the past, but never thought about home brewing while over there before.

I'm aware of some of the home brew shops online in europe, but I'm looking for a few responses on getting liquid yeast from america to either my local Europe post box or my military CMR box.

My brother is in Chicago and will be able to ship me the yeast if some of the american companies won't.

What are your tips on how you get liquid yeast from the USA to europe. Or places in Europe that can get American liquid yeast ( like Omega, wyeast etc) especially the west coast ale and new England style yeast so I can brew my double IPA or new England style or my signature imperial black ipa that uses wyeast west coast ale or my new England style ipa that uses Omega barbarian yeast.

I'm also open to suggestions on European based yeasts that can offer American types of yeasts..

Luckily I rely on lallemand and mangrove jack dry yeasts for some of my other brews, but I need that west coast ale wyeast and omega barbarian or similar.

The actual shipping may be the lesser issue. Keeping the yeast cold enough without it freezing or overheating while in transit for several days to a week, will be much more challenging.

Why not just take a bunch of packs with you when you're heading over there? That way you can keep em comfortable. Not sure what the airline regulations are though, you may need special permission shipping liquids, etc.

Latest posts

Back