Shipping Beer Container for Swapping Purpose

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DSmith

Reaction score
I'm beginning swapping some beer and made a pair of 4-bottle boxes to initiate the swap that can be sent back to reuse - pic below. Not for shipping to contests because of the cost of loosing the boxes.

The boxes are 10"x10"x10" and can hold a standard 9" tall bottle with 1/2" bubble wrap. I filled 4 bottles with water, capped them, packaged up a box and threw it around to the point that the cardboard box was totaled and all the corners on the top & bottom plywood sheets were broken. No broken bottles. Replaced the cardboard and plywood on that one, packed both with beer and they are sent out by UPS.

Beer Shipping_4 Bottles.jpg
Beer Shipping_4 Bottles_Pic 2.jpg

that's pretty sweet!
I'd be too afraid of not getting them back, though. Probably woulda used styrofoam sheets or something just in case.

that's pretty sweet!
I'd be too afraid of not getting them back, though. Probably woulda used styrofoam sheets or something just in case.

Styrofoam would work great too. The weight of the wood adds about $2 to the UPS shipping cost vs no wood.

I was pricing out the cost of shipping in general. 1 failed/damaged shipment covers the cost to make both of these boxes <$20.

No trust issues with the people I'm trading with.

Back