• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

California [SF Bay Area] Counterflow Chiller, False Bottoms, Spincycle, Autosparge, Thrumometer, Quick Disconnects, Hardware

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nick Poggetti

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Hey everyone, I had a few of these things listed in another thread a few months back but cannot edit it anymore, and I have more stuff to sell. So here we are. Lots of stuff.

Located just south of San Francisco, but willing to ship in the US.

I am willing to piece lots of this stuff out, but the misc. hardware is ideally grouped together. If you want more than one of the named items, I'll take a couple of bucks off the listed price.

Items I'll sell individually

ZChill copper counterflow chiller- $65
(slightly damaged, but still very usable). The water in on one side is bent slightly inwards. Also the female garden hose compression fitting is loose and leaks water. I keep it in a rubber tub and as long as it's the right angle it only leaks slightly. Fitting can be replaced, but I'm not handy enough to do so. It has been rinsed with hot water and blown dry on interior with compressor after every batch. PBW Wash every 3-4 batches as well. Link where I bought it here.

SS Brewtech 10 Gallon False Bottom - $40 - Excellent shape, no visible wear and tear on it. Rubber gasket makes a solid seal at bottom of kettle. Link here

Norcal Brewing Jaybird 10 Gallon False Bottom - $40 - Made for Ss Brewtech but could probably be used in other kettles. Excellent shape. You will need the ss brewtech trub dam to use it, or another form of dip tube to poke through that hole in the pic. Comes with a gasket for the hole. Link here

Brewhardware Spincycle 8" drop - $20 - Get it while bobby is out of stock! Flat sided pot, 13/16" hole standard oring design. Link here:

Sold - Blichmann Autosparge - $40 - Great shape, loved it while I needed it. Link here

Blichmann Thrumometer 1/2" Tubing - $15 - Great shape, also loved this while I needed it. Link here

Sold - Bundled - Brewhardware Quick Disconnects - $75 for all 12 of the following
(4) male npt 1/2" x male QD -Link
(4) female npt 1/2" x male QD - Link
(4) 5/8" barb x female QD (for 1/2" tubing) -
Link

Bundled - Misc Hardware - All 1/2" male or female npt (all 304ss unless noted) $75 for all of the following
(1) 3 Way Ball Valve - L flow (never used)
(1) 3 way Ball Valve - T Flow (never used)
(1) 3 piece ball valve
(1) ball valve
(1) female npt 3 way T, never used
(1) male npt dip tube, 45 degree, 2" long, extra wide
(2) male npt nipples with hexes
(3) female npt couplings (1 with hex, 2 without....one stuck to the street elbow woops... don't blame me i don't have a vice)
(2) street elbows... as mentioned, can't be bothered to get the coupling off of it.
(8) female npt x 1/2" barb (these are 316 SS)(these have never been used)
(1) 1/2 npt x 5/8" barb
(1) 1/2 npt x 3/8" barb

Thanks for reading all.

PICS TO FOLLOW:
Resized_20200928_205241.jpeg

Resized_20200928_205632.jpeg

Resized_20200928_205647.jpeg

Resized_20200928_205518.jpeg

Last edited:
Hey everyone, I had a few of these things listed in another thread a few months back but cannot edit it anymore, and I have more stuff to sell. So here we are. Lots of stuff.

Located just south of San Francisco, but willing to ship in the US.

I am willing to piece lots of this stuff out, but the misc. hardware is ideally grouped together. If you want more than one of the named items, I'll take a couple of bucks off the listed price.

Items I'll sell individually

ZChill copper counterflow chiller- $65
(slightly damaged, but still very usable). The water in on one side is bent slightly inwards. Also the female garden hose compression fitting is loose and leaks water. I keep it in a rubber tub and as long as it's the right angle it only leaks slightly. Fitting can be replaced, but I'm not handy enough to do so. It has been rinsed with hot water and blown dry on interior with compressor after every batch. PBW Wash every 3-4 batches as well. Link where I bought it here.

SS Brewtech 10 Gallon False Bottom - $40 - Excellent shape, no visible wear and tear on it. Rubber gasket makes a solid seal at bottom of kettle. Link here

Norcal Brewing Jaybird 10 Gallon False Bottom - $40 - Made for Ss Brewtech but could probably be used in other kettles. Excellent shape. You will need the ss brewtech trub dam to use it, or another form of dip tube to poke through that hole in the pic. Comes with a gasket for the hole. Link here

Brewhardware Spincycle 8" drop - $20 - Get it while bobby is out of stock! Flat sided pot, 13/16" hole standard oring design. Link here:

Blichmann Autosparge - $40 - Great shape, loved it while I needed it. Link here

Blichmann Thrumometer 1/2" Tubing - $15 - Great shape, also loved this while I needed it. Link here

Bundled - Brewhardware Quick Disconnects - $75 for all 12 of the following
(4) male npt 1/2" x male QD -Link
(4) female npt 1/2" x male QD - Link
(4) 5/8" barb x female QD (for 1/2" tubing) - Link

Bundled - Misc Hardware - All 1/2" male or female npt (all 304ss unless noted) $75 for all of the following
(1) 3 Way Ball Valve - L flow (never used)
(1) 3 way Ball Valve - T Flow (never used)
(1) 3 piece ball valve
(1) ball valve
(1) female npt 3 way T
(1) male npt dip tube, 45 degree, 2" long, extra wide
(2) male npt nipples with hexes
(3) female npt nipples (1 with hex, 2 without....one stuck to the street elbow woops... don't blame me i don't have a vice)
(2) street elbows... as mentioned, can't be bothered to get the nipple off of it.
(8) female npt x 1/2" barb (these are 316 SS)
(1) 1/2 npt x 5/8" barb
(1 1/2 npt x 3/8" barb

Thanks for reading all.

PICS TO FOLLOW:
View attachment 700475
View attachment 700476
View attachment 700477
View attachment 700478
I'm wanting that AutoSparge!

Just an update on what's still available.

Sold/No Longer Available
  • Norcal Brewing False Bottom is no longer for sale
  • The Misc. Hardware and Fittings are sale pending this weekend, but basically considered sold.
  • The Thrumometer is also pending this weekend, but considering it sold.
Still Available, Updated Prices
  • $50 plus shipping: ZChill copper counterflow chiller
  • $30 plus shipping: SS Brewtech 10 gallon False Bottom
  • $15 plus shipping: Brewhardware Spincycle 8" drop

Thanks all!

Im interested in the ZChill counterflow chiller and Spincycle. PM payment and shipping info to Evansville, IN. 47715, please.

Just an update on what's still available.

Sold/No Longer Available
  • Norcal Brewing False Bottom is no longer for sale
  • The Misc. Hardware and Fittings are sale pending this weekend, but basically considered sold.
  • The Thrumometer is also pending this weekend, but considering it sold.
Still Available, Updated Prices
  • $50 plus shipping: ZChill copper counterflow chiller
  • $30 plus shipping: SS Brewtech 10 gallon False Bottom
  • $15 plus shipping: Brewhardware Spincycle 8" drop

Thanks all!

Back