Sestos pid problems

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eyalius

Reaction score
I bought Sestos D1S-VR pid and after assembling it I wasn't successful in doing the automatic calibration - it went up in small beats beyond the temperature I set and came to a boil. Stayed boiling for several hours until I gave up (I did the process twice ...).
The explanation page is terrible and the blog doesn't really explain much Sestos D1S secret manual.
I have 50 liter system with 3500W element and PT100 Temperature Sensor (which was calibrate).
Any thoughts?

Do the instruction provide for a factory reset? If so, I would try that.

I am not familiar with that device. As for troubleshooting in general, look at every step and ask yourself, "what am I assuming to be true that I have not confirmed?" Might something simple as a vague or ambiguous step and you assume they mean one thing and you do something slightly different. Look for alternatives.

One thing with PIDs, they often require to press and hold some verify or save a change. Usually after several steps.

Otherwise good luck. Perhaps somebody that knows that exact unit can share some good knowledge.

I adjusted few values, I'll run a test and if it will not work the next step will be factory reset.
thank you.

Back