Semi-pro temp control fridge

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bossbrews

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm looking into picking up a temp controlled fridge. Anyone know of one that can handle at least two full sized 1/2 barrel kegs? I've looked but can't seem to narrow down my search enough to find what I want.

I suppose I could always DIY it but then again I'm the least handy person on planet Earth :/

Any guidance would be appreciated.

Thanks!

You would probably have better luck posting this under 'Equipment & Sanitation' or 'DIY Projects'. This sub-forum is just for announcements, not for brewing topics.

And.... least handy person is my title, back off. ;)

It is now. But it was in Announcements a little bit ago. (I swear!)

Either that, or the matrix is becoming corrupted, and I'm seeing through the database again. Those red pills always do that to me.

Okay so anyways. Fridge. Couple of kegs. Fill me in on a few other things... Are you trying to find a "pretty" solution or something that just barely gets the job done? What's the budget?

Someone in my local club was trying to help a friend sell a couple of commercial coolers - one was a glass-door unit like you'd buy bottles of soda/juice out of, the other was a stainless steel three-door commercial fridge, but the $500/$1k were both too rich for my blood.

I use buckets and 14gal drums to ferment in - my beer fridge is a side-by-side - so the drums won't even fit in the door, but the buckets sort of fit.

As a result of that, *someday*, I'm going to build my own cold closet out of plywood & insulation, cooled by a Window AC unit controlled by a Ranco temp controller. That doesn't fit your 'no DIY' rule though.

If your goal is to fit 'real' 15.5gal kegs into it, you are probably looking for something along the lines of a 'real' bar cooler - your best outlet to find one is likely Craigslist and local restaurant supply stores. New ones will run you a pretty penny - http://www.usfoodsculinaryequipment...oors-2c-59-27-27-w.do?sortby=ourPicks&from=fn

Back