sell me a wort chiller

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thomasben

Reaction score
Looking for a good cheap wort chiller. There's one on Amazon but the reviews say it leaks and sprays water....anyone wanna sell me yours? Or suggest a good inexpensive one...

Replacing those clamps will cost a buck or two. If it's a good price, that's an easy fix once you get it.

Bit of a drive for you, but the shop in Redmond, OR sells a really nice chiller for $80. Use it as an excuse to hit the Bend Ale Trail.

cheapest wort chiller I know of is a copper coil (any home-improvement store), run a plastic hose to the ends -one hose has a pump submersed in a bucket of icewater (or takes water from the sink faucet) and the other end returns the water to the bucket or sink drain. Viola! cheap and easy immersion chiller. Use a pair of hose clamps on the copper tubing to secure the hoses to it and leaks are no issue at all.

Back