Selfie Stick?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Other Half thought it hilarious that, when I get flipped off in traffic I often respond by holding up one hand, fingers extended, and the other hand with just two fingers extended ... which I explained was a whole week's worth of "the finger".

The Other Half thought it hilarious that, when I get flipped off in traffic I often respond by holding up one hand, fingers extended, and the other hand with just two fingers extended ... which I explained was a whole week's worth of "the finger".

If I have time, I'll follow them for a while, it makes them a bit nervous.
Regards, GF.

Every time I see this thread title show up in the recent threads two things come to mind: 1) this is some sort of weird sexual thing that lonely truck drivers might buy at those creepy truck stops or 2) this is the modern samurai tool to honorably off yourself.

I believe the Selfie Stick is permanently destined for the garage/yard sale.

Right next to the plastic banana slicer
images

the Jane Fonda Workout video
2liznnl.jpg

and the breast cushion ...
images

Ok. Maybe not the breast cushion ... I'm certain there must be a legitimate use for that. But right next to the other two, anyway.

Where do I apply for that job?

We are accepting applications now for some of our major clients who are looking for candidates to fill just such a position. This is a full time position, 8 hours a day 7 days a week; and provides overtime pay and a full benefit package.
There is a $150 application fee, but we will keep your resume on file for up to 5 years ...

We are accepting applications now for some of our major clients who are looking for candidates to fill just such a position. This is a full time position, 8 hours a day 7 days a week; and provides overtime pay and a full benefit package.
There is a $150 application fee, but we will keep your resume on file for up to 5 years ...
Thanks, but I'm already stuck here with you boobs. :p

In Alaska people heading into the back country are being encouraged to shoot a selfie (I find the word loathsome for some reason), to show their clothing and equipment, snow machines, etc, as well as posting a trip plan. The idea is that knowing these kinds of details might be valuable when searching for a missing person.

You mean to identify them in the bear feces

You mean to identify them in the bear feces

No... they already have little bells inscribed with people's initials for just that reason. It is often said that the way you tell grizzly bear s--t from black bear s--t, is that grizzly s--t smells like pepper spray and has little bells in it...........

H.W.

Great, now that I see what you look like, I think I've agreed to send beer to a homeless man. :D

I kegged it Tuesday, a couple of weeks to carb up and it will be on the way.

He's rocking a skeptical "Giorgio A. Tsoukalos" look.

So here I am about to go do a short hike and enjoy the weather when what do I see?

If you zoom in you'll even see that the f@#$ing phone is bedazzled!!

So I'm bitching about these to someone else and they showed me this:

Now that is a product I can get behind. Is there a kickstarter going for those yet??

I'm way less annoyed by selfies and selfie sticks than I am by golf umbrellas.

But, I love my golf umbrella.
It's so cool ... mine has a cell phone charging feature for golfing in thunderstorms.
A cord pulls out from the handle and you plug it into the adapter port on your cell phone. You do have to stand in the open preferably on a bit of a rise or hill, so its a bit hit and miss ... but hey, it's something to do besides waiting for the rain to stop, drinking at the half-way shack in the middle of 18 holes.
Now also available for iPhone too. At the Apple store it's called the iBen ... after Ben Franklin.

Also played around with the idea of attaching my camera phone to the bill of my hat, called a Selfie Hat. As you can see, it works pretty damn well... still needs a little tweaking though.

0212051629.jpg

0212051629a.jpg

0212051631.jpg

Why do I think of the Michael Jackson "Thriller" video when I see that pic of the Pres with a selfie stick? Dunno. Music works perfectly though.

Ok, it was one thing when arturo started this thread, but now we have selfie-stick opinion columns on the CNN website and AP. This has to stop. I dont mean the selfie-stick, I mean the increased talk on how much, how and why we hate the selfie-stick.

I'm going to have to go ahead and put this in the same basket as hate talk about hipsters, Political Correctness, BMC, and the insideous "IPA Craze"... the relentless mockery and/or disgust of the subject has become exponentially more annoying than the subject itself.

With that said, anyone under 70 not at a wedding wearing a bowtie is still an *******.

Back