Seeking Alabama hop grower

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clb323

Reaction score
I live in Mobile, AL and looking to make a "pure Alabama beer" I have already lined up the grains and water source. I decided to use a commercial yeast simply for ease and to reduce the risk of spoiling a batch with "baddies". However still experimenting with wild yeast. I am hoping to find a hop grower in Alabama. I would be willing to purchase from person for the batch, perhaps with money as well as or with trades.

If anyone in AL is growing or if you know someone on the MS, AL, FL gulf coast who is I would extend this deal to them.

Homeboy Brewer Supply in Foley just planted 40 (?) Willamette and Cascade hops locally (facts subject to correction) so let's see what grows !

I know this is an older thread, but where did you find local grain? I've been growing hops a couple years and I've captured wild yeasts in my back yard (way too much acetone when young, but mellows considerably and more fruity with age), but I've yet to find any local grain.

Back