Second batch bottled, SWMBO enjoys!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brewmedic43

Reaction score
Hey yall, I bottled a Blonde recently and just cracked open the first one, SWMBO is not really a beer drinker but stated after tasting this that she would prefer that over a bud light (WOOHOO) and she also stated it is the smoothest beer she has ever had. Awesome, "thanks for the gift that keeps on giving honey." Since I borrowed the recipe from here I will re post. The original recipe is as follows.

5# Extra light DME
1# Cara-pils/Dextrine
0.25 oz Centennial (at 45 and 20 min)
0.25 oz Cascade (at 10 and 5 minutes)
1 package Nottingham yeast

Due to LHBS not having Cara-pils I used 6# Extra light DME and everything else the same. Starting gravity was 1.048 and FG was 1.012, bottled for 2 weeks. Now tonights brew is not fully carbed but I am attempting experiments as I have seen advice from others, I want to attempt to become a better beer drinker, being able to determine different flavors. Thanks HBT for all the help and I will keep RDWHAHB and hopefully SWMBO will enjoy the next batch as well.

I've got some of that Centennial Blond in a keg, and another batch fermenting. It's a great beer that most people will like. I'm going to try to keep some ready all the time.
Congrats on a successful brew! :mug:

Latest posts

Back