Sculpin IPA Clone Label

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kneelb4zod

Reaction score
Wow - the labels on this thread are really, really good. I'm still learning Photoshop but I've managed to learn enough to make my own labels - most not near as good as some of the talent here.

I made a "double" Sculpin clone - juiced up the original Ballast Point Sculpin recipe that I got from a friend. I just bottled this batch yesterday. I refused to keg it because I want this one to last a while, and I can ration out my bottles! Anyway, "Double Sculpin" didn't have any ring to it, and two bottom-feeding fish on a label didn't seem intimidating enough, so I totally changed it up.

ApexPredatorWideLabel2.jpg

Wow, you have Sculpin in Philadelphia?

Yep - we are getting more and more Ballast Point beers around Philly lately. I was only able to find 1 case of Sculpin in 22 oz. bottles, but it was too old and I didn't buy it. I think it was $99.95 for a case of 12 22oz. bottles.

I heard that Ballast Point is only bottling Sculpin in 12 oz. bottles now for shipment to the east coast but I'm not sure if this is correct. A friend bought a case of the 12 oz. bottles and said that the beer isn't as good in this size bottle. He said it's more bitter. I had it on tap recently and it was really good.

Latest posts

Back