Score.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vrodbrad

Reaction score
Got a 50 pound bag of c-60 malt and a 50 pound bag of carapils for 25 bucks each
20180327_133351.jpg

SCORE!

Nice find and I would surely pull the trigger on any similar deal if I found it

Not sure. I have some buddies that I will share with them I believe

Got a 50 pound bag of c-60 malt and a 50 pound bag of carapils for 25 bucks each

Sounds like you got dealers price.

When I worked at a craft brewery that ran a home brew store, that was the price we paid. Well it was $20 per 50# sack at the time.
As opposed to $50

Hey quick question for anyone. Could I take some of the crystal 60 and roast it to make it darker. If so would I just put in a pan and put in oven or would their be other steps I would need to do like steep it first then put in roasting pan. I figured that if I spit the bag up I could get different colors that way not stuck with one. Also could it be done with the Cara-pils.

Yeah the bags I got were from the Grange co op. They are getting rid of all the brewing stuff. Corperate told them to They did not have much left and they had it at 60 percent off so I figured why not and wife told me to get them.

Back