Schwarzbier

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boo boo

Reaction score
Ever had a brew that even though it is supposed to be lagered for months, tastes so good that you'll have trouble keeping your hands off it until it matures?

I'm drinking a Schwarzbier I made 2 weeks or so ago that I racked into a keg for lagering. I took a small sample to taste and it was really striking, so I carb'd up a bottle of it with a carbonator cap to try. Going to be a long 2 to 3 months waiting to drink this one.

:mug:

Been over a month... you still waiting? If you pitched the correct amount of healthy yeast and had no diacetyl, there really isn't a lot of reason to wait if it tastes fine. Sure it may taste better in 2-3 months, but if its fine to you at that stage go right ahead!

Yeah, but I've found that with out filtering you get some mean gas. Did an Ofest, Dortmunder and now a Schwarzbier using tasty McDole's faster lager method. Turns out very good lagers very quickly, but I didn tfilter like he does. My wife's hating life, but I'm drinking good beers!

Back