Scheduling Seasonal Beer Recipes

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

withoutink

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Since we are getting near to Oktoberfest, and then the holidays. I'm looking to plan out my next few beers... I wanted to see if I could collect a few extract based, well proven beers for the seasonal brews. Stuff that would be ok for a newbie to brew.

Looking for:

A nice German like beer, I like darks, whites, and yeasty stuff...

A fall pumpkin beer, sweet and spicy. Friends love the sweeter side of pumpkin beers.

Then maybe one of two Christmas beers. Complex, warming, slightly sweet. Very spicy. Biscuit, candi sugars, dark fruits etc.

And any beer that may be really good to make when the basement is much colder.

I'd love to collect a few recipes and start looking at pre ordering the ingredients soon.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,

Matt

With fall approaching, a good option for a "german" type beer would be an Alt. Or, possibly a "Mocktoberfest"...... oktoberfest brewed with an ale yeast like german ale yeast or a kolsch yeast. I suggest these two, because I am assuming (based on your description) that you may not have the ability to control temperatures for fermenting a lager.

Some cooler fermentation temps are still good for the above two - but there is a larger margin for error. Alts are amber/copper colored, malty and just great drinking beers.

Check out the recipe's here for a "tried and true" alt recipe ..... as well as recipes for pumpkin, xmas beers, etc.
The alt will be under "amber hybrid beer."
https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f82/

Back