Sanitizing Airation Stones...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
With tubing attached, I suck Iodophor through it until it and the entire piece of tubing is filled.

Left covered in Iodophor for at least 5 minutes.

Right before use, I attach to aquarium pump to displace Iodophor, then drop in whatever I am aerating.

Brewer3401 said:
With tubing attached, I suck Iodophor through it until it and the entire piece of tubing is filled.

Left covered in Iodophor for at least 5 minutes.

Right before use, I attach to aquarium pump to displace Iodophor, then drop in whatever I am aerating.

yup. Me too

Drop into my sanitizing bucket and let sit for 20-30 minutes. Pull out and hang up to dry. All the solution will drip out over time. Hook up O2 blow it out and drop into fermenter.

I just put mine in starsan for around 20 mins. Haven't had a problem yet!

I boil the stone and soak the tube in Starsan for a few minutes. I don't think the tube would hold up to boiling temps.

I let the tube and stone sit in my StarSan solution while the wort is cooling. I turn it on for the last couple minutes in StarSan and watch the bubble mountain grow. :ban:

Back