Beer Line Cleaner?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clint Yeastwood

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me what's the best beer line cleaner? Not sanitizer. I mean something that will get rid of crud and beer stone. You could save me the trouble of reading the cleaning product thread that goes back to the Crusades.

Last edited:
Thanks. Sanitize afterward?

My beer lines aren't old enough to have anything to speak of lodged in them, so I have been running Star San through them and then running a little beer out to purge the Star San.

fwiw, I have used BLC as well - it really depends on what the LHBS has on the shelf. Both work equally well.

Haze on what?

Pretty much everything.
It's notorious for needing an acidic rinse like Starsan or white vinegar if one's water chemistry has a lot of bicarbonate/carbonates, which defines my well water :)

Cheers!

Always filled up a keg with hot water and oxy clean with no perfume. Used air compressor to blast it thru. And a little soak time. Seems to work well. Then purge with starsan and leave lines filled until tapping a keg

Back