San Diego Suggestions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jeder212

Reaction score
I'm in San Diego, but my time is extremely limited. I believe I'm going to have some time off tomorrow. I'm at the 32nd ST Naval Station, and have nothing but public trans. Anyone have any good suggestions. I'm thinking about heading to Hamilton's. I've seen some good stuff about it on here. If I get another day off, I'm renting a car and heading up to Stone. Thanks in advance.

If you do the rental, Stone and The Lost Abbey are only 5 minutes away from each other.
You can take the trolley to the Morena ave. stop, then walk to Home Brew Mart/ Ballast Point brewery. At the back of the shop you can get tasters of all they are making, plus a lot of experiments, and specialties (barrel aged, on cask, dry hopped, etc). You can then get a growler to take back with you.
Further down the same trolley line is The San Diego Brewing Co. and the Firehouse Brewery. SDBC also has a very nice restaurant.
Enjoy. Sorry the weather sucks right now.

Not a brewery, but the best bar in San Diego is Toronado on 30th (IMHO). Address is 4026 30th St, San Diego

Back