Samuel Adams Imperial Series :)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fezzman

Reaction score
I really liked the Imperial Pils so I'm all kinds of giddy about these. I just got this email so I figured I'd share it up for those who aren't on the SA mail list.

We are interrupting your regularly scheduled What's On Tap programming to bring you a very exciting announcement from us, Andrew & Bert and the Boston Brewery...

We are proud to announce the arrival of the Samuel Adams® Imperial Series. A series of three beers that represent some of the biggest and most intense beers we have ever brewed.

The Imperial Series includes two new beers, Samuel Adams® Imperial Stout and Samuel Adams® Imperial White plus an amped up recipe of the legendary Samuel Adams® Double Bock. You can find all of the stats on the website (will be up in a couple of days, we're told) but Jim wanted to be the one to tell you about them. So, the office guys got some cameras, came into the brewery and filmed this little segment. Hope you enjoy it.

We just bottled the Samuel Adams Imperial Series this week, so it won't be in market for a couple of weeks, probably closer to the end of February. In the meantime, Jim wanted to get you guys some information on them personally.

We think these beers are pretty amazing and we hope you feel the same. We'd love to know what you think about these beers when you taste them or even about receiving emails like this, so just send us an e-mail with your feedback.
Cheers!
Andrew and Bert

I didn't get to see the video segment because my work computer has a block on SA's site. :off: If anybody wants me to forward the email lemme know.

He definitely looks a little twinked in the video. I'd love to try that imperial white.

Just saw them today in the beer store near me. 9.99 for a 4-pack. Didn't pick it up though, I was looking for SN stout and bigfoot.

Got to sample the Imperial white at a dopplebock tasting yesterday (huh? I didn't complain). I was impressed. I've read reviews that said they tasted the alcohol. I didn't. I tasted the spices and citrus. Wish I had more than a shot glass worth to really review it but it seemed like something you could down a lot of before you realize you are blitzed. In the little bit I sampled it was like the turned the volume up to 11 on a decent white...stronger everything.

It definitly has a slight alcohol tast about halfway into the glass, but the initial tastes are all citrus and spice. I'm a fan of Belgians and this Isn't something I could have more than two of.
Here's a pic...
ImperialWhite_2009.JPG

I can't find any of these in ATL. I just re-read the first post, looks like they don't hit shelves till the end of Feb so I'll head back to Total Wine & More in a week or so.

I'm down to my last bottle of the Double Bock, and I've got to say, YES !

I love a good bock, and their regular is one of my faves, but the Imperial Double Bock just takes it to a new level !

Dummy me, though, just poured my first one and started drinking it, on an empty stomach, while I cooked dinner the night that I bought it. As I was finishing the glass, before dinner was done, I was wondering why I was getting buzzed already !

the Imperial White is quite zesty and good, and is surprisingly higher alcohol than the stout at 10.5.

the Imperial Stout is delicious with a full body and lots of roasted malt character, but very drinkable (dangerously, at 9.2)

i've yet to try the dopplebock.

I've not yet been able to find any of these in the Central Florida area. Total Wine (Orlando) has it on their inventory but claim they don't have a distributor for it yet. :(

I've been a staunch defender of SA and they have been my favorite all around brewery....well until this past weekend.

I'm appalled. Double Bock has been my favorite SA offering for quite some time now. I literally count the days every year until the release date. Unaware of the imperial series of beer, I was quite surprised to not see it anywhere locally. Much to my amazement, there it was in 4 packs at my homebrew supply...labeled imperial series for $10. 4 packs! So I am now paying $10 for 4 bottles when last year I was getting 6 for $9. This isn't even the worst of it. They changed the recipe dramatically. If you've had double bock before try this years. It weighs in at 9.5% ABV compared to 8.8% ABV before. The alcohol burn is the absolute worst I've experienced in any beer of this size. Its near undrinkable. I'm so bummed!

I tried the Doppel Bock and the Wit, and I thought both were really quite delicious, although kinda spendy at $2.50 per 12oz beer. Still, when I have a Dopel fix, I know where I can reliably find a good one.

I shared a four pack of double bock with the G.F. over memorial day weekend.
Was very pleased with the beer.
Was on ebay today and found a seller who is selling bottles of 1997 triple bock (18 % abv) . Sent an email to see if he'll do a buy now for a couple bottles.
If not I'll try and snag at least one from the auction.

I was not a fan of the stout or bock tbh. The bock was just to sweet to me and I dont care for the taste of anise in the stout.

I shared a four pack of double bock with the G.F. over memorial day weekend.
Was very pleased with the beer.
Was on ebay today and found a seller who is selling bottles of 1997 triple bock (18 % abv) . Sent an email to see if he'll do a buy now for a couple bottles.
If not I'll try and snag at least one from the auction.

Unless you want to drink alcoholic soy sauce, I wouldn't spend money on the Tripel Bock.

Back