Salute and cheers to you all!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

checo78

Reaction score
Good evening, I would like to salute all you homebrewers that have helped me direct and indirectly to brew my very first batch. All grain pale ale kit from AIH. This is actually my second try, first one did not get to fermentation since I left my SS brew bucket valve open and all the wort spilled to the ground.

Thank you, for all your help. Beer actually tasted great. Don't know about the clarity, but it tastes great and I finally bottled the rest of the batch. Im hooked, next brewing session is this coming Saturday. Thanks and cheers!!!

IMG_5701.JPG
IMG_5726.JPG

There are three major things that affect beer clarity, the presence of starch left from incomplete conversion (only applicable if you are all grain), yeast still in suspension, or chill haze from proteins. If you brewed with extract, only the yeast in suspension or chill haze will apply and time is the solution to both. The yeast will settle out within a few days and your beer will be clear from then on if that is the cause. Chill haze happens when you chill the beer and if you leave the beer refrigerated for a few days it will settle out.

If that beer in the first pic came from the first pour of a keg, then maybe it's trub & yeast that hasn't settled yet?

Latest posts

Back