Saison Fermentation Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Y34H67

Reaction score
Hey Folks,
I've got a Saison in the ferm. chamber that's been going for 8 days at 76F and is just about done. The yeast has dropped out and the FG is ~2 points away. I'd expect it to hit FG by this weekend.

Now here's the question. I want to brew an IPA on Sunday and stick it in the same ferm. chamber. I typically ferment at 66-68F for ales... would dropping the ferm. chamber temp to 66-68 have an impact on the saison that's already in there since it will be done fermenting by then? I'd like to leave the saison in the chamber for another week or so to clean up, but I could also rack it to a keg and put it in the keezer. How would you folks handle this one?

Hey Folks,
I've got a Saison in the ferm. chamber that's been going for 8 days at 76F and is just about done. The yeast has dropped out and the FG is ~2 points away. I'd expect it to hit FG by this weekend.

Now here's the question. I want to brew an IPA on Sunday and stick it in the same ferm. chamber. I typically ferment at 66-68F for ales... would dropping the ferm. chamber temp to 66-68 have an impact on the saison that's already in there since it will be done fermenting by then? I'd like to leave the saison in the chamber for another week or so to clean up, but I could also rack it to a keg and put it in the keezer. How would you folks handle this one?
If it's done, just move it out of the chamber and let it clean up at room temperature.
Those last few points don't matter in this case.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back