Rubber seal

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

creekwaterbrew

Reaction score
So I finished my brew and as I was inserting the airlock I popped the rubber grommet into the fermenter -_____- i had a spare lid so I just replaced the grommet and let it be. It started bubbling the next day fwiw. Should I toss it? Thanks again!

So I finished my brew and as I was inserting the airlock I popped the rubber grommet into the fermenter -_____- i had a spare lid so I just replaced the grommet and let it be. It started bubbling the next day fwiw. Should I toss it? Thanks again!

don't toss it, the grommet will be fine. clean it up after you drain the fermentor and use it next time.

Did the same thing on a batch a couple months ago. As long as it was sanitized before, it should be OK.
Must admit that when I racked the beer to the bottling bucket about 3 weeks later, I had forgotten that it happened. Looked down into the trub/yeast on the bottom of the bucket and thought what the HE%^ is that???
No bad came from it.

Back