Anvil Foundry Lid seal - falls off

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brian66

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I have an Anvil Foundry electric system. I've brewed 4 batches so far. On the last batch the lid seal fell out when the the kettle was heating up to a boil. I leave the lid half on during the boil since at 110 I don't get a rolling boil. The steam and/or heat must have expanded the silicone lid seal and it fell out. It won't stay in with that much heat/steam. When it cooled down the lid seal stayed in. What can/should I use to adhere the seal to the lid so it stays on during that much heat/steam?

I have an Anvil Foundry electric system. I've brewed 4 batches so far. On the last batch the lid seal fell out when the the kettle was heating up to a boil. I leave the lid half on during the boil since at 110 I don't get a rolling boil. The steam and/or heat must have expanded the silicone lid seal and it fell out. It won't stay in with that much heat/steam. When it cooled down the lid seal stayed in. What can/should I use to adhere the seal to the lid so it stays on during that much heat/steam?
Mine has never come out, but I have heard that others just don't worry about it--it's not needed for most

Back