Reversing a recipe.....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Whiskey

Reaction score
The title may be slighty confusing... But here it goes.

I have been using beertools (web) for about a year with pretty good success. I been working on my blond recipe for awhile tweaking it a bit, etc. My last three batches have been this beer and the last two batches have been fantastic. They were brewed with my "final" version of the recipe. However, I stumbled apon a glaring error in my beertools recipe sheet (that I use to buy my grains) At some point I dropped the mash efficiency to zero while playing with the recipe.

My delima is that the recipe falls into "style guidelines" at 0% effeciency. If I put that number at %65(safe guess on extracts?) It obviously puts the "final analysis" way outside the guidelines.

Now I do not really care if it does fall into a style, I really don't, it is great beer and it is my recipe. I took a bottle to the LHBS for an unbaised opinion, the folks who sampled also really seemed to enjoy it, comenting on it's lack of off flavors etc. But, I'd like to tell folks I share it with what the hell it is, it is most certainly not a blonde.

So to get to the point (finally), is there a program that will let you dump the recipe in, OG, FG, etc, and it spits out "That's an American Amber, dummy"?

I'll post a picture of the beer in a glass, along with the recipe if needed. It came out about the color of a SA Boston Lager.

Thanks in advance.

Post the recipe and I'm sure someone can tell you what it would fall under.

Otherwise, look at the style guide and see by OG/FG and IBU where the beer would fall.

Back