Returning after a long layoff.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cajunrph

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Hello all. I'm a returning homebrewer after a long layoff. I brewed an Saint Arnold's Amber clone about a week ago. Even though I have quite a few brews under my belt, I learn new things all the time from this form. For instance, before I always transfered to a secondary after 5-7 days. I wanted to avoid the off flavors from the beer being on the yeast too long. But from reading the forum I've found out that many don't rack to a secondary unless they are using fruit or dry hopping. So I'm gonna leave it in the primary(a 6.5 gallon glass carboy) for 3-4 weeks then bottle. Good thing for me is that I kept most my equipment so I didn't have to spend too much to get back in the saddle again. For my second brew I'm gonna do a Belgium Triple good for about 10% ABV:drunk:. Should be ready for the BCS championship game. Looking forward to making my Keezer from all that I learned from the keezer thread also. :ban:
:mug:

John

Welcome back! To reinforce the whole "no secondary" thing, I was listening to an old Sunday Session on the BN and it turns out Jamil Zainasheff himself doesn't use a secondary either!

Back