retinal detachment continued

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aaronwillen

Reaction score
So i figured I would report on my wonderful retinal detachment surgery. So i am now 4th day post op. My eye looks pretty bad...as in no white to the eye at all. But hey at least it gives me some street cred! The retina is attached again as of right now and I have no sight loss. We caught it before the center of my vision was affected. The eye is blurry as hell still but I am attributing it to the atropine dialating drops I am using as well as the fact that the conjunctiva of my eye is swollen over the pupil halfway. The surgery often makes it so that your glasses rx changes...in my case I had 20/20 prior to surgery so looks like I should need glasses after this which isnt a big deal at all in my opinion. I am thankful to have my sight in that eye....even if it is pretty blurry. I did a test at the retinal surgeons office to test my retinal potential and it got down to 20/20 still so thats why I am thinking i should be fine with glasses or contacts! This was my first day "back to normal" so I kegged my maple brown ale that has been sitting in the 2ndary for about 3 weeks now while this whole saga has been going on...so yea thats the deal! Hopefully no more detachments are in mine..or any other hbt members futures!!

<-- raises a glass of homebrew and a Percocet leftover from my surgery to you in hopes of a quick and complete recovery....

:mug:

thanks friends!!! In response to the percocet comment...can you believe I got no RX pain relief??!??! I mean come on.....

Back