Resources for beginners

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ruppe

Reaction score
When I started homebrewing 12 years ago, I read and reread Charlie Papazian's "Complete Joy of Homebrewing", and had it on the counter to reference during my first 10-15 batches. That book is now on loan to a friend, and frankly is a bit dated. Can someone please refer me to a book (I'm old school) or website a newbie can reference to get started, and to use as I did while learning the "tricks of the trade". A coworker of my wife's would like to start, and I would like to help him get started.

Thanks, I believe I saw a review for this book at some point in time. Just what I was looking for.

When I started homebrewing 12 years ago, I read and reread Charlie Papazian's "Complete Joy of Homebrewing", and had it on the counter to reference during my first 10-15 batches. That book is now on loan to a friend, and frankly is a bit dated. Can someone please refer me to a book (I'm old school) or website a newbie can reference to get started, and to use as I did while learning the "tricks of the trade". A coworker of my wife's would like to start, and I would like to help him get started.

When your coworker's wife is about to start the first batch and has questions for which she can't find answers in "How to Brew", a good website to go to and ask questions is www.homebrewtalk.com as there seems to be a bunch of friendly, knowledgeable people there that will give good answers.:rockin::D

Back