Repitching yeast same day

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

buntung483

Reaction score
Hi.
I'm going to try my first repitching this weekend after a great fermentation of a proper pitch of yeast on my last batch. My plan was to bottle my beer then start my brew(all grain) and prep my yeast up while doing my brew. From what I've been reading on the forums and listening to on the brewing network and warching on youtube. it all sounds like can be done but I still seem to be questioning myself on the process
So I was hoping someone can clear it up for me

Thanks josh

Sure you can easily do that! Keep a little beer on top of the yeast cake in the fermenter until you have time to deal with it.

Then just use a sanitized measuring cup or something to take out what you need.

Alternatively, you can add a bit of boiled and cooled water to the yeast cake, swirl it up and pour into sanitized mason jars and use what you need from there.

Mrmalty.com has a yeast pitching calculator for slurry, so that makes it really easy.

Cheers. I've checked mr malty out. I guess being first time trying it out I want it to work out good. Sounds like could be easier than think. Any advice is always good to take on board.
Thanks

Back