Best way to kill off yeast?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Triggs1980

Reaction score
Hi All, apologies if someone has previously asked this question. I wasn't sure what to search.
I want to brew a Cherry Wheat Beer but, rather than having a sour cherry, I'd like a sweet one! I was wondering if I made a base Heffeweizen and fermented it out, could it then be pasteurised before blending with a cherry syrup?
My obvs concern with mixing cherry at any point is that the yeast will devour the sugars, make a sour and high ABV which I'm not looking to do. I want something slightly sweet but not taste of sweetner and bursting with cherry flavour

TIA

Allen

M suggestion is just to make a great heffewizen on its own. Don't bother with pasteurization. Add in your cherry syrup when serving to your glass. This way you can have regular or cherry flavored heffewizen. And you can play with the syrup a bit to find the best ratio.

Using a puree or frozen fruit doesn't add as much abv as you think. It's basically neglegable because your adding water as well. I've never pasteurized, but I've used fruit in sours and non sours. I would go puree, cherries or cherry flavor from Amoretti or other brand that has good feedback.

Back