Recommend an induction burner?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk:

rhys333

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Hey Everyone, I'm stepping up to full-volume boil right away here, and my options are to go propane or induction.

I'm wondering if there's an induction burner out there powerful enough to heat 8 or so gallons in a reasonable timeframe, without costing a small fortune. If it's getting into the many hundreds of dollars, I'll stick with propane. Appreciate any recommendations on this!

chawn

Reaction score
There isn't one that I would recommend. A gas burner will reduce your brew day immensely.

stevedasleeve

Reaction score
I do 10 gallon boils with a 1800W induction plate and a 1500W heat stick which is easy and cheap to make. Frankly I don't know why anyone WOULDN'T go this route!

Cheers,
Steve da sleeve

OP
rhys333

rhys333

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I do 10 gallon boils with a 1800W induction plate and a 1500W heat stick which is easy and cheap to make. Frankly I don't know why anyone WOULDN'T go this route!

Cheers,
Steve da sleeve
Interesting. Which plate do you use, and how do i make a heat stick? Thanks.

OP
rhys333

rhys333

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks for the link. Very innovative technique, but I'm thinking with my lack of electrical skills I'd probably end up zapping myself something fierce.

day_trippr

"This Space For Rent"
Reaction score
An induction system requires compatible kettles. It isn't going to work with an all-stainless pot...

Cheers!