Recipes for pineapple beer?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sttifyd35

Reaction score
Just wondered if theres anyone out who has ventured into using pineapples in beer? Also, pineapple for ciders? If so, any recipes? Thank you!

Not familiar with pineapple beer.

I have a pineapple cider on tap currently. I wanted to experiment with a different flavor profile and what I normally make (apple/cinnamon or mixed berry).

I did my normal 5 gallons of apple juice + 2 pounds of table sugar fermented with Nottingham dry yeast. After cold crashing, racking to the keg and treating it with potassium sorbate, I back-sweetened with a couple cans of frozen pineapple juice concentrate and a cup of sugar. It's balanced, not sweet.

It's getting good reviews from friends who have tried it, although not the rave "gimme more, you ought to go into business making this" reviews the mixed berry cider always gets.

Yeah im very new to this. Started out with a blackberry wine and a brown ale. Aleeady looking to go above and beyond and mixing things to make hybrid drinks. Haha

I made a pineapple heffe. It was really good, just hints of pineapple. Just took a heffe recipe and after 2 weeks added 3-4 pineapples, sliced into 1/2" disks, into fermenter. Let it sit for another 2 weeks. I'm going to make again it was super yummy.

That does sound good. I was even told that when you have your beer at a boil, if you add fruit at the tail end of the boil, it will give off aromas and fruit taste.

I did a pineapple lager last year with 3 lbs of pineapple in secondary. I got almost no flavor out of it. After some research, it seems 1 lb/gal is the right amount. My problem is that 5 lbs of pineapple takes up a lot of room in my fermenter. I may try natural pineapple extract in the bottling bucket next time.

If you're going for more of a beerish (or hoppish) pineapple, go for Motueka hops. So major tropical fruits coming out of that one. It's enjoyable, but lends to it feeling a bit sweeter, to the point that I'm now attempting it with something more citrusy in order to balance it a bit.

Interesting. I have alot of different ideas. Even someone saying that they had luck with a pineapple double ipa. I have a double ipa mix and i never lean towards ipa's. So why not give it a shot? It may end up tasting great.

Latest posts

Back