Recipe critique - Belgian Brett pale ale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

simglynn

Reaction score
Hi folks, long time reader, first time poster.

I'm doing a batch of Belgian bretty pale ale/weak tripel I need some advice with. I'm using a grain bill of 86% pilsner, 4.3 flaked barley, 8.5 table sugar, and 1% carafa special III for a touch of colour. Projected OG is 1.063 and FG around 1.0060 after adding some Achouffe yeast. Then I'll add brett and secondary for a few months and then dry hop and bottle. Batch size is 21 L/5.5 US gallons.

Mashing for ten mins at @ 145 F and then 153 for 60 mins. Fermenting around 74 F.

My question is hop and spice related: I've got 40g Styrian Goldings 3% a.a 100g Saaz 3.6% and a 20g tea bag of Sorachi Ace for a dry hop Some pink peppercorns and coriander seeds for last 5 mins of boil. What hop additions to you guys think I should use? How much of each spice, assuming corns and seeds are crushed?

Thanks guys :mug:

Thanks

Forgot to mention: the Brett is coming from half a bottle of Orval dumped straight into the fermenter along with primary yeast.

Also, if you could post your hop suggestions in terms of IBU and minute addition.

Cheers!

Back