Re-pitching yeast

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ahaley

Reaction score
I was support to brew last week, but a train accident caused my package to come on Tuesday not Friday, and the yeast was hot. I chilled them immediately, and popped the smack pack maybe Wednesday morning. Very all signs of swelling have occurred so I made a small starter from 2 row.

I'm debating putting more 1010 on order, pitching this starter and when I get that new pack once I get it.

Besides keeping everything sanitized , what do you guys think? Good plan or rdwhahb?

South paw all day, everyday.

If you make a starter, that should be sufficient. Actually, better than ordering another pack and pitching it. The yeast you are growing will be fresh, healthy, and abundant.

If you make a starter, that should be sufficient. Actually, better than ordering another pack and pitching it. The yeast you are growing will be fresh, healthy, and abundant.

The yeast took off in full force! I was really worried when I got that yeast packet because it was pretty hot, but the yeast are doing good now!
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1401716010.756933.jpg
I have videos of the 3 piece airlock hissing and foaming and then changed to the blow off tube to be safe

South paw all day, everyday.

Back