Raspberry Pints April Fools Early

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ftlstrings

Reaction score
Those guys totally got me! I wasted hours of my life following their "how to" on installing raspberry pints on a raspberry pi today and, man, they totally had me until the end! What a great practical joke, especially being so far away from April, I totally didn't see it coming! I thought I was actually going to have a functional setup rather than a wasted night. Oh well.

Hahahahaha! Yes, it's all an elaborate plot!
We post images like this to draw folks in

taplist_13feb2016.jpg

but then withhold any support as they try to duplicate it!
It's a laugh riot for us! :ban:

No, wait.
That's not true.
Some of us have spent the last year+ helping folks get their RaspberryPints (and BrewPi) systems up and running.
We might even help you, if you ask...

Cheers! ;)

Has anyone made a hosted version of this? It seems like all the setup is for is basically generating a static page on a server and viewing it from a remote web browser...

Though the concept and result is really cool, for just trying to display static content, the setup for Raspberry Pints seems to be a serious PITA...

I saw a similar set-up in a friend's HB bar. I prompted him thinking it was another cool raspberry-Pu setup...

Man, what a disappointment when I realized it was a PowerPoint! :)

A hosted idea is actually a good one, especially for HB pubs that serve commercial beers whose profile could be predefined. An interface Chromecast-like that can be simply plugged in a TV would be great for them.

But I am letting myself be distracted. Great programming the way it is now!

Cheers.

Has anyone come up with a way to get Raspberry Pints running on the sexy new Pi3? The fact that is has on-board wifi and better processing is a big draw to me. My setup keeps crapping out on me and my USB WiFi dongle is crap.
-Kevin

Has anyone come up with a way to get Raspberry Pints running on the sexy new Pi3? The fact that is has on-board wifi and better processing is a big draw to me. My setup keeps crapping out on me and my USB WiFi dongle is crap.
-Kevin

There shouldn't be any reason why it wouldn't work out of the box.

There shouldn't be any reason why it wouldn't work out of the box.

I guess the bigger problem isn't the Pi 3 as much as the newer versions of Noobs and Jessie vs. Wheezy - the Pints instructions and uploads haven't been updated to reflect the changes to the software, which is probably why OP had problems.

Yeah, I tried all weekend trying to get my first RPints setup going on my new Pi3 with Jessie. Still haven't been able to get the flow meters to work properly. I can get the RPints PHP site working awesome....but can't seem to get the flow meters to correctly pass the information through the Alamode board. It's been a fun project so far....but I'm ready to figure it out any time now ha-ha.

Anything new for this? I got through step 2 on my Raspberry Pi and my screen just looks like a desktop computer. I don't know the first thing about writing code. Any help?

Back