Random Picture Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got a 3d printer kit this week and got it put together yesterday, after a couple prints to get it dialed it, I think I am ready to figure out how to tie it to beer brewing.
20220925_132126.jpg
20220925_090245.jpg

Last edited:
Got a 3d printer kit this week and got it put together yesterday, after a couple prints to get it dialed it, I think I am ready to figure out to tie it to beer brewing.
Don't you need to spend 3 years printing things to make your printer work better before attempting anything of practical use?

Built in 1966.. CO2 recovery compressor at a large brewery. (not me in image)

I sell compressed air & gas systems world-wide but mainly in the U.S.A.. You might be surprised how much CO2 is bought and used just for transfer and bottling operations. Few places recover and reuse CO2 from fermentation I suspect this image below was at either BM-or-C.

That is changing, though, A Texas startup is gaining momentum and placing small scale liquefaction systems in many breweries!

CO2 compressor.jpg

Built in 1966.. CO2 recovery compressor at a large brewery. (not me in image)

I sell compressed air & gas systems world-wide but mainly in the U.S.A.. You might be surprised how much CO2 is bought and used just for transfer and bottling operations. Few places recover and reuse CO2 from fermentation I suspect this image below was at either BM-or-C.

That is changing, though, A Texas startup is gaining momentum and placing small scale liquefaction systems in many breweries!
My first brewery tour was Tioga Sequoia around 2015 and I was most surprised by their CO2 capture system. The owner/guide said that it produced far more CO2 than they needed. I'd never heard of such a thing, but it made total sense.

Just in the last year I have seen 2 local taprooms with a system that pulls nitrogen from the air to help push their taps.
1664293011081.png

The owner/guide said that it produced far more CO2 than they needed

Apparently the excess CO2 has also provided an extra revenue source for breweries who work with the legal pot growers.

My guess is this practice is also less taxing on the grid and helps lower the overall cost for both parties.

Thanks for sharing!

Got my new back tire on. Breaking it in. Stopped at the local Viet Nam memorial.
Cheers

Attachments

• 1CE4CE2D-A9A4-4657-8D3A-2B341D1D1C24.jpeg
    1CE4CE2D-A9A4-4657-8D3A-2B341D1D1C24.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
  • FB4B6380-99A2-4B2C-81E7-693B94C90005.jpeg
    FB4B6380-99A2-4B2C-81E7-693B94C90005.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 0
  • 090B3126-77F6-48DE-8E88-994C93AC1C20.jpeg
    090B3126-77F6-48DE-8E88-994C93AC1C20.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 0
  • A5D4306A-4309-4556-8D19-D9DB8CDE712C.jpeg
    A5D4306A-4309-4556-8D19-D9DB8CDE712C.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
I've never lived in a state where hurricanes are a thing...but I live within range of large-rocks-flying-at-unbelievable-velocities to a few volcanoes. If Rainier goes my house will be toast (and myself as well). Lived through one major (to us) 6.8 magnitude earthquake back in 2001. Around here anything under 5.0 is pretty much meh.

843,298,734 data centers nearby, 75% of the world's cloud computing goes thru our county

pretty sure we're a Ground Zero, anyone wants to nuke the US

I've never lived in a state where hurricanes are a thing...but I live within range of large-rocks-flying-at-unbelievable-velocities to a few volcanoes. If Rainier goes my house will be toast (and myself as well). Lived through one major (to us) 6.8 magnitude earthquake back in 2001. Around here anything under 5.0 is pretty much meh.
1664751159206.jpeg

I grew up in south Georgia have been in several hurricanes and tropical storms and for the last 25 years I have lived just west of Portland and I have been through the 2001 quake, seen Mt St Helens get a little grumbly in 2004 and have been smoke out by the forest fire to where I could not see my mailbox, I would take a hurricane almost everyday of the week. At least you know they are coming unlike the next big quake could be today or 50 years down the road. And some of our winter storms around here are often stronger and last longer than most tropical storms

I was working in New Orleans after Katrina. A friend from California was talking to one of the locals about the wisdom of living where such natural disasters are a recurring event. The response was "well you have earthquakes in California". My friend responded "at least we don't have earthquake season every year". It is starting to look like we have fire season every year though.

My local view a few weeks ago:
1664820611664.jpeg

I was working in New Orleans after Katrina. A friend from California was talking to one of the locals about the wisdom of living where such natural disasters are a recurring event. The response was "well you have earthquakes in California". My friend responded "at least we don't have earthquake season every year". It is starting to look like we have fire season every year though.

My local view a few weeks ago:
View attachment 782730
I was actually a little closer to it than you, I'm in Garden Valley. Can sure be a little unnerving when they burn this close! Looks like another fire that can be chalked up to PG&E, the product of putting profits above public safety for decades. ABC 10 did a fantastic series about PG&E and thier actions that have caused so many Californians to loose thier homes and lives. It's called "Fire, Power, Money", and can be found on You Tube and probably channel 10's web site. Sheds a bit of light on on who the person running this state is as well.

File this under “Why one might want to make one’s starter earlier in the eeek so one can crash and decant said starter”
56A6A058-AF09-44CE-BB83-558BC9FB14BA.jpeg

Back