Random Picture Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really need one of those. I have a teenage daughter
Really should get an ED-209
ED-209.jpg

Is it weird that this only has 20-30 seconds of ammo storage? I do like the range though...

only takes a 1/2-second burst to shoot down an incoming missile

not sure they would sustain a rate of fire for 20 or 30 seconds, but I can check with my Fire Controlmen shipmates

only takes a 1/2-second burst to shoot down an incoming missile

not sure they would sustain a rate of fire for 20 or 30 seconds, but I can check with my Fire Controlmen shipmates
That long a burst would probably melt the gun.

Brew on :mug:

when you have a graphics tablet, a paint program & waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much time on your hands

not brains. not a maze. one path thru the entire thing

brainsagain (2).JPG

I would have needed to change my drawers...

1605503541108.png

"The Reluctant Model"
"The owl flew in to me three times today. There were other folks there but he just flew to me. I have no idea why. First time he landed on a post above my head and then looked at me right in the eyes. Next time a while later he flew in and tried to land on my head. I flinched and he flew off. This time I was taking flight shots as he flew toward me, I didn’t flinch, and he landed on my camera. Crazy. I guess he likes me."
Loren Mooney
Photo by Alfonso Rodriguez

Took these the other day just up the street from the porta-potty, a red tail hawk and it's future dinner sunning right across the street from the hawk.
IMG_2350_redtail - Copy.jpg

IMG_2349_lunch - Copy.jpg

A few days later a half a block up the street was a Coopers Hawk on the next light post, it was less happy about my picture taking.
IMG_2362_cooper - Copy.jpg

IMG_2364_cooper_flying - Copy.jpg

Last edited:
Today I see the cooper's hawk on the first light post and it seemed less nervous
IMG_2374_cooper2 - Copy.jpg

I get to the next light post and there was a kestrel on that one, it took off as I got ready to take a pic and as it flew away it made a dive and came up with a lizard. It lite on the light post but I made it nervous and it flew down to first light post scaring away the other hawk.
IMG_2375_kestrel - Copy.jpg

Last edited:
Did you see the return to launch site landing a few minutes later?
We saw it start to descend but soon lost it in the blue sky. We were also watching and listening to the command center simulcast on our cellphone so we saw it touch down via the phone. A few seconds after that we heard a sonic boom.

Picture taken from our back yard of the NASA/SpaceX Falcon9 rocket launch about 40 minutes ago from Vandenberg Air Force Base, (about 20 miles away as the crow flies).

View attachment 707307
I'm about 200 miles away and just saw the vapor trail cutting across the sky. The last time they did a night launch I had a good view.

Picture taken from our back yard of the NASA/SpaceX Falcon9 rocket launch about 40 minutes ago from Vandenberg Air Force Base, (about 20 miles away as the crow flies).

View attachment 707307

I used to live on VAFB in the early 70's. Minutemen were a dime a dozen, but the Titans were real ground shakers.

interesting phenomenon in the southwest of Virginia. if you're driving I81 South from Roanoke, VA past Claytor Lake, you will come to the junction of I77

by staying on I81 SOUTH, you will also be travelling on I77 NORTH

while the geographic direction you are going is actually WEST (compass in lower right)

View attachment 706049
Do they have one of those rest stops with marbles that roll uphill?
Asking for a friend.

Between having removed a bunch of mfer tall white pines that had overgrown the garden 90-something feet up, and this being a drought year with an exceptional (if not brutal) number of 100% sunny days from May to the end of the season, we did have a stellar year in the veggie garden that took us well into October.

But, that last dude was picked green along with about of dozen of its siblings on the last harvest day/first hard frost warning and allowed to ripen. They were quite good to the last...

Cheers!

Freeze 'em! The Spousal Unit put up a crapton of sweet greens and reds, and a bunch of cubanelles, bananas and poblanos (we stopped with the jalas and habs 'cuz she just can't take their heat ;)) She's pretty much filled what space was left in my hop freezer...

Cheers!

Back