Random Picture Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
they're effing with us, right?

49.jpg

nope: National Day Calendar

Is that the next available flight or are you just enjoying some Bucharest downtime?
No, just killing a mountain of paperwork, and prepping our toolkit for shipment home.
Unfortunately, I'll only be home for 4 or 5 days, then off to Mozambique for about 2 months of fun in the sun, then scheduled for about 3 months in Australia.
Maybe I'll be back in time to enjoy my 65th birthday, and a little downtime.

No, just killing a mountain of paperwork, and prepping our toolkit for shipment home.
Unfortunately, I'll only be home for 4 or 5 days, then off to Mozambique for about 2 months of fun in the sun, then scheduled for about 3 months in Australia.
Maybe I'll be back in time to enjoy my 65th birthday, and a little downtime.
Dave you are one of my hard working heroes and my hat is off to you. The first and all the beers are on me if we ever meet.

interesting phenomenon in the southwest of Virginia. if you're driving I81 South from Roanoke, VA past Claytor Lake, you will come to the junction of I77

by staying on I81 SOUTH, you will also be travelling on I77 NORTH

while the geographic direction you are going is actually WEST (compass in lower right)

77 north 81 south.jpg

interesting phenomenon in the southwest of Virginia. if you're driving I81 South from Roanoke, VA past Claytor Lake, you will come to the junction of I77

by staying on I81 SOUTH, you will also be travelling on I77 NORTH

while the geographic direction you are going is actually WEST (compass in lower right)

View attachment 706049
That stretch of road has a serious identity crisis.

Brew on :mug:

So, last night in Romania. Had to try the local hooch, called Tuica. It is a twice distilled plum brandy, commercial samples range up to 130 proof, but the local home brews go a bit higher, probably in the 150 range. Surprisingly, it doesn't come off as rocket fuel, actually fairly tasty. Traditionally distilled in a copper pot still at a very slow boil, then aged in mulberry barrels for 3-6 months. I'm hooked! Very much like VSOP brandy, but don't breathe out thru your nose! Sorry, no pics, we were naked.

So, last night in Romania. Had to try the local hooch, called Tuica. It is a twice distilled plum brandy, commercial samples range up to 130 proof, but the local home brews go a bit higher, probably in the 150 range. Surprisingly, it doesn't come off as rocket fuel, actually fairly tasty.
I've had a similar drink in Hungary and Romania called palinka. Often served in an old 2 litre soda bottle.

Back