Random Picture Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love red onion, but it'd have to be locally sourced given the nation-wide salmonella onion alert...

Meanwhile, almost tripped over this ~13" megasquash, it was hiding so well. Fortunately, unlike zucchini, big summer squash can still be quite good. The Spousal Unit made an oven version with one using shallots, diced toms, garden basil and some butter and it was hella tasty...

megasquash.jpg

I love red onion, but it'd have to be locally sourced given the nation-wide salmonella onion alert...

Gees, you can't have a BLT 'cause your spouse says no bacon...now afraid of red onion, yeah I saw the alert, also just had made some chicken salad with one...from the store too, and raw..(the onion that is, chicken from the yard and nice slow cooked).

You can say "I told you so" . iffn I get sick tomorrow, but them onions did not get me yesterday, so maybe keep yer bet low......

Got to live 'tripper,... have an extra beer tonight or something, you don't even have to go to work tomorrow, do you? and get some bacon for your BLT, heck, you don't have to buy the cheap stuff...(or do you, out of habit that is) I even use organic iceberg lettuce, spectrum organic mayo, homemade bread, and of course vine ripened home grown organic tomatoes, started from seed....

P.S> like those crookneck squash too!..way better than zukes or regular yellow.

Meanwhile, almost tripped over this ~13" megasquash, it was hiding so well. Fortunately, unlike zucchini, big summer squash can still be quite good.
Big zucchini are still good. Cut them in half lengthwise, core out the seeds and stuff with sausage, mushrooms, onions, spinach and cheese. Very, very liberal with garlic too. I cook these indirect on the grill or baked for about an hour and they are delicious.

I've treated them like any other stuffed bell, topped with marinara, used beef or chicken and any other fresh vegetables available.

Big zucchini are still good. Cut them in half lengthwise, core out the seeds and stuff with sausage, mushrooms, onions, spinach and cheese. Very, very liberal with garlic too. I cook these indirect on the grill or baked for about an hour and they are delicious.
I've treated them like any other stuffed bell, topped with marinara, used beef or chicken and any other fresh vegetables available.

Hahaha! It does sound tasty, but it must render the poor zuke unrecognizable under all that. I bet it'd work with bluefish, too ;)
We're James Beard (rip) fans here wrt garden veggies and aim towards "simply fresh" characters...

Cheers!

Ran across this image in my Gallery. 2015 the Bride and I went to Albuquerque to the Balloon Fiesta. Had planned to attend this year in October as well. Unfortunately another event cancelled for 2020 due to the Pandemic. 😷View attachment 693296

Can't understand why it would be canceled. Look at the pic--it seems naturally social-distancing.

Hahaha! It does sound tasty, but it must render the poor zuke unrecognizable under all that. I bet it'd work with bluefish, too ;)
We're James Beard (rip) fans here wrt garden veggies and aim towards "simply fresh" characters...

Cheers!
I'm kind of a Fergus Henderson nose-to-tale fan as well as a would-be professional procrastinator if I ever got around to it. I know I will inevitably miss a zucchini and will wonder "where did that green monster that wasn't there yesterday came from." I (poorly) attempted to waste as little as possible and to take advantage of everything the garden produces. I look to make use of everything and I almost guarantee any zucchini crop will yield a couple monsters. Something, something... waste not, want not...

Yeah, that crook neck wasn't the first unnoticed rogue in the garden :) We thought we had picked everything that was even close to ready before we took off for our annual Family Week on the Cape of Cod, but still came back to a crapton of monster cukes, a bunch of bigger-than-you-aim-for crook necks, peppers that were dragging their plants down, and enough toms that The Spousal Unit will be saucing a bunch tomorrow...

"First-world gardening problems".

I'm currently waiting for the habs to be ready so I can make some cheese-stuffed bacon-wrapped nukes :D

Cheers!

Ran across this image in my Gallery. 2015 the Bride and I went to Albuquerque to the Balloon Fiesta. Had planned to attend this year in October as well. Unfortunately another event cancelled for 2020 due to the Pandemic. 😷View attachment 693296
What... balooning isn't socially distance enough that it had to be cancelled????!!!!!!

As someone born in Albuquerque, it's probably more about the 10's of thousands of people that gather on the grounds where they launch. Without those ticket sales and concessions there is not much incentive in holding the event.

Just to be clear and to be sure I have not broken any rules. The use will be in a Lab and the lab is a licensed Distilled Spirits Producer. But yes, would be lovely to have in my basement!🤔

Totally out of nowhere with this...

I needed some boating stuff and decided to visit a West Marine store in Braintree, MA, that I'd never been to before (heck, I don't think I've ever gotten out of a vehicle anywhere near Braintree. But I digress...). Tucked into one of the back corners was this amazing rope making machine. There are countless gears of all kinds that would take essentially string and crank out ropes up to a couple of inches in diameter. It's now a display piece, and a pretty cool one.

I've been trawling Youtube to try to find any historic video that might have been preserved of one of these in action. Had to be impressive AF. Apparently those tall spindles would be a blur at full speed...

rope_machine_2.jpg

rope_machine_3.jpg

rope_machine_4.jpg

rope_machine_5.jpg

rope_machine_1.jpg

Cheers!

In my search I've come across all kinds of rope loft "re-enactment" videos using ancient equipment, usually trolley-based like the one above.
But that's way older "tech" than the machine I pictured, and glacially slow in comparison.
I expect I'm going to need to find digitized archival footage of an actual factory in action...

In my search I've come across all kinds of rope loft "re-enactment" videos using ancient equipment, usually trolley-based like the one above.
But that's way older "tech" than the machine I pictured, and glacially slow in comparison.
I expect I'm going to need to find digitized archival footage of an actual factory in action...
It's kinda similar to this machine, just scaled way up

Latest posts

Back